PDA

View Full Version : Human Paragon and changing type.

ForgottenCode
2018-02-16, 06:55 PM
Hi,

I have a rules question. I’m about to play in a game where I would like to take Human Paragon and wizard levels before entering the Fleshwarper prc from Lords of Madness. My DM brought something up. At level 10 of the prc I change into an aberration. So what would happen to the paragon levels?

BowStreetRunner
2018-02-16, 07:05 PM
I think this covers it. It refers to magic effects, but I'm pretty sure the transformation you describe would have the same result.

It’s possible for a powerful magic effect such as shapechange, reincarnate, or wish to change a character’s race. If a character has already taken racial paragon levels in his original race, he can never become a paragon of another race. However, such shapechanging and form-altering magics also cause no loss of a paragon’s class abilities—the class abilities gained from racial paragon levels are affected no more or less drastically than benefits gained from having levels in any other class.

ForgottenCode
2018-02-16, 07:21 PM
Perfect, thanks for the quick reply.

ShurikVch
2018-02-17, 04:11 AM
Race ≠ Type
Human Fleshwarper 10 will stay Human - just like Human Dragon Disciple 10, or about any other transforming effect in the game (short of Reincarnate spell line, or Wish/Miracle shenanigans)

KillianHawkeye
2018-02-17, 10:03 AM
Bear in mind also that racial paragon classes are NOT prestige classes, so any rules about losing the benefits of a prestige class have no effect on your levels in Human Paragon.

Necroticplague
2018-02-18, 04:28 AM
Hi,

I have a rules question. I’m about to play in a game where I would like to take Human Paragon and wizard levels before entering the Fleshwarper prc from Lords of Madness. My DM brought something up. At level 10 of the prc I change into an aberration. So what would happen to the paragon levels?

Nothing. You're still Human.