PDA

View Full Version : 2 Patron Deities? (and other questions)

Vincent Dragon
2018-02-17, 10:50 AM
Before posting my questions i'll explain the character i'm building:

-Archivist 5 to be able to learn any and all divine spells, including Anyspell to cast arcane spells thus qualifying for Dweomerkeeper;
-Singer of Concordance 2 to acquire the Magic Domain qualifying for Dweomerkeeper;
-Sacred Exorcist 1 to get Turn Undead to qualify for Divine Metamagic;
-Dweomerkeeper 4 to get Supernatural Spell;
-Hathran 5 to obtain Spontaneous Spells at 1st level and Circle Magic at 5th level;

1st question: Since "Deity: Io" is a requirement for Singer of Concordance, does this mean i need to be a Cleric of Io instead of a Archivist to qualify?

2nd question: Can humans from the Rashemen region be Silverbrow Humans? I need this variant race to add Dragonblood Subtype to fulfill a requirement from Singer of Concordance.

3rd and last question: Hathran has "Patron Deity: Chauntea, Mielikki or Mystra", does this mean i have to choose either Singer of Concordance or Hathran? Can't i have levels in both classes? Or is it possible to have both Io and Mystra as Patron Deities at the same time?

tstewt1921
2018-02-17, 02:03 PM
1st Question: The requirement just says Deity: Io, so all that means I think is that you need to worship Io, no need to be a cleric of, that would be up to your DM.

2nd Question: This would be up to the DM IMO.

3rd Question: By the wording of Patron Deity you would have to choose one of those three but then the argument can be made about the same for the first. So it's likely you would need to choose one over the other.

Yogibear41
2018-02-17, 05:15 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/a5da2.jpg :smallsmile:

Also for your viewing pleasure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu8rR5EQvDc

Covenant12
2018-02-17, 08:35 PM
Mostly agreeing with tstew1921 here, especially that in Faerun worshiping two deities wouldn't fly.

2nd: If a DM allows silverbrow humans at all, don't see why they couldn't be in Rashemen. Barbarians and mysterious witches seem more likely than average adventurers to have liaisons with silver dragons.

Mystra has the magic domain, so divine disciple or contemplative of Mystra could get you there. Levels later than your build, but you'd have Dweomerkeeper 4 and Hathran 5 by 20, at least.
The 3.0 version of divine disciple has the bonus domain at level 1(8th level minimum) instead of 4(11th), so if your DM allows 3.0 content versions you could be as set as your build is. I don't see any way to get the magic domain earlier, unless you want to eat the caster level loss for a Cleric1 dip.