PDA

View Full Version : 1st level of Wizard and Scribe Scroll

umbergod
2018-02-17, 11:47 PM
If I already have Scribe Scroll and take a level of wizard, do I instead get to pick a feat of my choice?

Deophaun
2018-02-17, 11:55 PM
No.

However, there are retraining rules in PHBII that will let you go back and essentially repick the feat you spent on Scribe Scroll for any other feat that was legal for you to take at the time (no fair trying to trade in at 7th level the feat you got at 3rd level with something you would have had to wait until 6th for).

umbergod
2018-02-17, 11:58 PM
No.

However, there are retraining rules in PHBII that will let you go back and essentially repick the feat you spent on Scribe Scroll for any other feat that was legal for you to take at the time (no fair trying to trade in at 7th level the feat you got at 3rd level with something you would have had to wait until 6th for).

Hm, suppose thatd work. I mean, I'm the dm, and its for an npc, but I try to not bend the rules if i can avoid it

Celestia
2018-02-18, 12:00 AM
There are also numerous alternate class features that let you sacrifice the Scribe Scroll feat for some other benefit.

Deophaun
2018-02-18, 12:01 AM
Wait, if for an NPC, was Scribe Scroll a pre-req for something? 'Cause if so, retraining won't work unless you also train out what it was the pre-req for.

Ramza00
2018-02-18, 05:03 AM
Wizard
Some wizards trade their knowledge of magic and craft to improve their combat prowess.

Gain
Bonus feat list (as fighter; bonus feats gained at 1st level and every five levels as wizard).

Lose
Scribe Scroll, wizard bonus feat list.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#wizard

umbergod
2018-02-18, 06:50 AM
Wait, if for an NPC, was Scribe Scroll a pre-req for something? 'Cause if so, retraining won't work unless you also train out what it was the pre-req for.

Not a pre-req, just building a low level crafter npc