PDA

View Full Version : Multiplatform What games that are coming out are you hyped for?

BlueMoon1991
2018-02-18, 01:31 AM
Currently im hyped for farcry 5 and the full release of We Happy Few. How about you?

danzibr
2018-02-18, 07:11 AM
The *only* one that comes to mind is the FFVII remake. A few came out recently that I was kinda excited for though (like Hollow Knight and Xenoblade 2).

NEO|Phyte
2018-02-18, 07:16 AM
Beat Saber, and possibly Deep Rock Galactic as well.

danzibr
2018-02-18, 07:21 AM
Beat Saber, and possibly Deep Rock Galactic as well.
Those both look sweet.

... I need VR.

GloatingSwine
2018-02-18, 07:29 AM
Bayonetta 3

Other than that this is a wait-and-see year.

Aotrs Commander
2018-02-18, 08:45 AM
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire, the next patches and expansions for Stellaris and Heart of Iron IV (all very shortly), the eventual next and patch/expansion for War for the Overworld sometime this year... And after that I dunno.

Mx.Silver
2018-02-18, 09:00 AM
Pretty much just Wargroove.

Triaxx
2018-02-18, 09:09 AM
I'm pretty interested in Pillars of Eternity 2 as well, and so I'm trying to finish the first one first.

Kaptin Keen
2018-02-18, 09:15 AM
Into the Breach. I mean, it's the FTL guys, so I'll buy it without question.

Morty
2018-02-18, 09:19 AM
I'm likewise looking forward to Pillars of Eternity 2, though the discussion about the backer beta means it might be rough around the edges on release.

houlio
2018-02-18, 09:49 AM
This week has the Stellaris 2.0 patch and accompanying DLC, which seems exciting enough to play for a few more 100 hours or so.

Zevox
2018-02-18, 10:33 AM
Up until a few weeks ago my biggest answer would've been Dragon Ball FighterZ, but that's out now (and awesome).

Beyond that, largely unsure when games I'm looking forward to are coming. Bayonetta 3's the big one, but all we know about it at this point is that it exists and will be a Switch game. There's also the new Fire Emblem for Switch which is supposed to come out this year, but that's all we know about it, so we'll see if that holds.

There is BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle, which I want to be looking forward to and hyped for, because I love BlazBlue and Persona and like RWBY, but due to how badly they screwed up its DLC plans I'm not sure if I'll even be getting it. Which, to be fair, is an improvement over where I was not a week or so ago, which was definitely not getting it. Them deciding to make Blake, Yang, and (for pre-orderers) the first 3-character DLC pack free, plus the announcement of the price point and the inclusion of English voice acting (which they skipped in the last BlazBlue) has helped give me reason to consider it again. But it's a hard choice to make at this point, which is sad and astonishing considering I'm basically the target audience for the game.

Triaxx
2018-02-18, 12:35 PM
My response to Obsidian is the same as to Bethesda. It'll probably be great, but I'm going to wait out a few patches before I buy it.

rooster707
2018-02-18, 12:51 PM
Given how slow I play games, I’m usually more excited about whatever came out two years ago than upcoming releases. The only thing that comes to mind is Griftlands (Klei + RPG = please take my money). There’s also Beyond Good and Evil 2, but that’s probably a few years away right now. Honestly, there’s just not very much happening this year that I care about. (Care about enough to add to my all-consuming backlog, that is.)

Velaryon
2018-02-18, 03:01 PM
I'm waiting on Shovel Knight: King of Cards. All I can find in terms of release information is that it's due out this year, no ideas on when. At least this time around there aren't any new consoles debuting that will get the release before people who already paid for the game.

That and I'm still eagerly awaiting the release of Red Dead Redemption 2, which sadly is about 8 months away (assuming it doesn't get delayed again).

Vitruviansquid
2018-02-18, 04:01 PM
I usually see announcements for games that get me hyped, then put them on the backburner and forget about them until more information surfaces.

Hugely anticipating Vermintide 2 over here for an actual release. I'm sure there was more, but I can't think of any.

Lector87
2018-02-18, 07:08 PM
Dark Souls Remastered.

Also should pick up the re-release of Shadow of the Colossus, since I've never played it (also need to finish Ico...)

Starwulf
2018-02-18, 08:32 PM
The Last of Us 2. Both for myself, and for my girls, they absolutely loved the first one, and all they talk about is playing the 2nd one ^^.

Misereor
2018-02-20, 05:55 AM
Battletech. Just Battletech.

rooster707
2018-02-20, 11:18 AM
So I just remembered Biomutant is a thing. I keep forgetting it exists but I get hyped up about it every time I remember, so I guess that counts.

Yora
2018-02-21, 01:18 AM
Moderately looking forward to the third Metro. And I am probably going to play Dark Souls remastered, but just because there's probably going to be more players online than in Dark Souls right now.

Rynjin
2018-02-21, 02:21 AM
The same as every year since 2006: Kingdom Hearts 3.

*Cries*

Driderman
2018-02-21, 04:31 AM
Very much looking forward to Vampyr (http://www.vampyr-game.com/), that seems like it might be really, really cool. Also honorable mentions to Darksiders 3 and Pillars Of Eternity 2 (not that I got anywhere close to finishing the first one)

Starwulf
2018-02-21, 04:42 AM
So I just remembered Biomutant is a thing. I keep forgetting it exists but I get hyped up about it every time I remember, so I guess that counts.

I was literally coming here to say something about Biomutant. My best friend just showed it to me last night and it honestly looks really damn good, if not outright amazing. It and The Last of us 2(as I already mentioned), and this weird PC(I think) game where you're in I guess hell and you're trying to find a way to escape(It's some kind of atmospheric horror game). Oh, and Ad Infinitum, another horror game, this one set in World War 1 I believe. Saw a trailer for it a year or so ago and it looks pretty awesome. Though I can't find much about it, despite it apparently having been first unveiled back in 2015. Just hoping it hasn't been cancelled :-(.

Those 4 are the big ones on my radar right now. I would add Pillars of Eternity 2, but I've not yet played the first one(despite it having been in my Steam Library for a year or more now, buddy gifted it to me).

NRSASD
2018-02-21, 08:44 AM
I'm very excited for Pillars of Eternity 2. Hope we get a bit more lore and fleshing out of the whole soul magic concept, cause that's pretty awesome. I'm debating if I should play through Pillars 1 a third time just to have the 3 holdover characters (Eder, Pellagina, and Aloth) in my party with their stories completed.

Also, Into the Breach. Cause FTL is one of those rare games where I paid full price for it and still felt bad for ripping off the developer. It really is that good.

Oh, and Thrones of Britannia total war.

Triaxx
2018-02-21, 10:37 AM
I've only met Eder and Aloth so far, but it's proving to be a surprisingly good game. I'm moderately excited about ship combat, but I've had bad experiences with such things before, so I'm hoping it breaks the cycle.

Kaptin Keen
2018-02-28, 12:55 AM
Into The Breach is out, and you should all buy it. It's like Battlemech chess.

Cespenar
2018-02-28, 03:45 AM
Into The Breach is out, and you should all buy it. It's like Battlemech chess.

That looks pretty fun indeed. I think the FTL guys did it?

Lvl 2 Expert
2018-02-28, 04:06 AM
I'm in the beta for Empires Apart, a historic RTS with an almost copied Age of Empires 2 feel to the setting, nice and clean (as in not sacrificing having a good overview for looks) low poly 3D graphics but some mechanics that lean towards quicker games like Starcraft, in a good way. Multiplayer oriented. I can't talk about the state of the game or any features not revealed yet because non-disclosure agreement (there have been a bunch of Youtube video's and everything I'm saying here can be seen in those), but I think there have been some good decisions made and when it all gets pulled together it's going to be a good addition to the genre.

Sian
2018-02-28, 05:16 AM
Not really one that's hyped up for future releases ... at most I'm cautiously intrigued ... Got burned a few times to many back in the early naughts by hyping up to a game, and recognize that I simply don't have the patience/time/dedication to play many of the games I would otherwise consider interesting, such as story-driven rpgs

houlio
2018-02-28, 09:43 AM

I actually just picked this one up. It's really fun, and despite the apparent simplicity it has a ton of depth. Generally feels like you get screwed over less by the RNG and more by just making stupid decisions despite the roguelike elements.

NRSASD
2018-02-28, 10:33 AM
I also must praise Into the Breach. I'm so completely in awe of the fact that the FTL devs managed to make lightning strike twice. It seems a bit easier than FTL, but it's certainly just as deep. Really really really cool. We'll have to see if it has the same staying power of FTL, but for now, I'm hooked.

Favorite move so far was deliberately freezing my cannon mech solid, then launching it into the path of a stream of acid. I managed to save a city, kill 2 bugs, and avoid taking any damage by deliberately disabling my mech.

Hunter Noventa
2018-02-28, 11:38 AM
I'm mostly looking forward to Super Robot Wars X coming out in april. I've had it on pre-order since december, since international shipping can be a pain. But it'll be worth it.

Kaptin Keen
2018-02-28, 01:55 PM

It's the FTL guys. It is, indeed, pretty fun.

It's also hard. I'm slightly insulted by how many times it's steamrolled straight over me. Goddamn!

Fri
2018-03-01, 01:13 AM
Some of the games I'm hyped for had just come out, and they're worthy to be hyped (like into the breach) so now I'm really looking forward to Monster Hunter for PC, because it's one of the big franchise that I'm really interested and always want to play, but never had any chance to play it since I never had any consoles that it's in.

Cespenar
2018-03-01, 04:09 AM
It's the FTL guys. It is, indeed, pretty fun.

It's also hard. I'm slightly insulted by how many times it's steamrolled straight over me. Goddamn!

Yep, just started it. When reviews said it was like chess I thought they were exaggerating. But it really does look like if X-COM crossed with those old chess puzzles in newspapers that went "white wins in three moves" (do they still have it?).

rooster707
2018-03-01, 11:03 AM
Yep, just started it. When reviews said it was like chess I thought they were exaggerating. But it really does look like if X-COM crossed with those old chess puzzles in newspapers that went "white wins in three moves" (do they still have it?).

Pretty sure that’s still a thing... don’t know if newspapers are though.

Kaptin Keen
2018-03-01, 03:03 PM
Did anyone try Space Tyrant? Came out the day after Into The Breach, and it's been slightly on my radar.

Lentrax
2018-03-02, 05:41 PM
Only thing I’m hoping for this year is solid news on Cyberpunk 2077.

Yora
2018-03-11, 09:43 AM
It's been announced. That is all I know about it.

Archpaladin Zousha
2018-03-12, 10:14 PM
I'm currently hyped for Total War: Three Kingdoms! So much so that I've started reading an unabridged translation of the book in preparation!

Fri
2018-03-13, 07:41 PM
My friend just linked me the perfect reaction image for Into The Breach (which is still hijacking htis thread apparently)

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/891/029/03b.jpg

Cespenar
2018-03-14, 03:35 AM
My friend just linked me the perfect reaction image for Into The Breach (which is still hijacking htis thread apparently)

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/891/029/03b.jpg

It's not that bad. You can reasonably pull no-casualty missions unless they are the "hard" missions.

It's not near Superman levels of collateral damage. :smalltongue:

SmallAnt
2018-03-14, 11:50 AM
Half life 3

Kaptin Keen
2018-03-14, 03:31 PM
Half life 3

Good luck with that.

.. wait - are you secretly Gabe Newell??

Majin
2018-03-14, 04:04 PM
I think I'm most looking forward to the new Smash Bros game. Soul Calibur VI is probably second on the list. I'll probably also pick up the N. Sane trilogy when it comes out on Switch in summer.

danzibr
2018-03-14, 07:29 PM
I think I'm most looking forward to the new Smash Bros game.
Beat me to it.

Zevox
2018-03-14, 08:27 PM
I think I'm most looking forward to the new Smash Bros game.
At this point we don't even know whether it's a new game or an enhanced port of Smash 4, but yeah, definitely something to look forward to.

Gnoman
2018-03-16, 03:41 PM
Battletech comes out next month, with Mechwarrior 5 theoretically scheduled for December. Rule The Waves 2 is also on track for a late 2018 release. That will probably take up most of my gaming time for this year.

Ardentex
2018-03-16, 03:42 PM
Kingdom Hearts 3, God of War, Spider-Man, Final Fantasy VII Remake (which thankfully got delayed before I went broke from getting all these new games)

Velaryon
2018-03-22, 10:34 AM
I recently remembered that the last Shovel Knight expansion, King of Cards, should be due soon. Late last summer it was pegged for a release in "early 2018," but I can't seem to find any more info than that. The gameplay footage from back then looked pretty sweet, and Yacht Club has not disappointed me yet, but I really want to play this soon!

...preferably before RDR2 comes out, so that I don't have to split my time between them.

NRSASD
2018-03-22, 11:50 AM
New game I'm hyped for: Phoenix Point! Post apocalyptic Lovecraftian XCOM with a much more simulation approach then the current XCOM titles. It's a little early to say, but it looks like it could be really good. The lore looks thoroughly awesome though.

SmallAnt
2018-03-22, 02:24 PM
Cyberpunk 2077

Psyren
2018-03-28, 04:51 PM
Cyberpunk 2077 seems promising and the NWN remake would be a good excuse for me to get off my duff and actually 100% that game. Beyond that... not much. Boyfriend Dungeon seems funny but that's 2019.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire, the next patches and expansions for Stellaris and Heart of Iron IV (all very shortly), the eventual next and patch/expansion for War for the Overworld sometime this year... And after that I dunno.

I'm pretty interested in Pillars of Eternity 2 as well, and so I'm trying to finish the first one first.

I'm interested too but after Divinity OS2, Pillars just paled in comparison for me. Any idea how they might compare?

Lvl 2 Expert
2018-03-29, 02:53 AM
I'm in the beta for Empires Apart, a historic RTS with an almost copied Age of Empires 2 feel to the setting, nice and clean (as in not sacrificing having a good overview for looks) low poly 3D graphics but some mechanics that lean towards quicker games like Starcraft, in a good way. Multiplayer oriented. I can't talk about the state of the game or any features not revealed yet because non-disclosure agreement (there have been a bunch of Youtube video's and everything I'm saying here can be seen in those), but I think there have been some good decisions made and when it all gets pulled together it's going to be a good addition to the genre.

This is coming out today. It's become a good game, although very multiplayer focused. It's a bit like if you'd take all the modern conveniences of Starcraft 2 and wrapped them in three thick layers of Age of Empires 2, with a sprinkling of special abilities and heroes (which I'm not a fan of myself, but they seem to work well enough here.)