PDA

View Full Version : Raise Dead - no level loss

Yogibear41
2018-02-18, 01:47 AM
I remember either a feat or a class ability that allowed a character to cast raise dead on other people, and have them raised with no level loss. Does anyone know of this feat/class ability? It might have been third party as well, maybe that is why I cannot remember.

RFLS
2018-02-18, 01:50 AM
While not technically casting raise dead, this thread here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?551283-Revivify-(the-spell)) gives a way to achieve pretty much exactly the effect described (it just needs an extra spell).

Yogibear41
2018-02-18, 02:08 AM
Yes, I started that thread as well. Poking around with a few different ideas.

What I would REALLY like to be able to do is to cast summon monster VII to summon a Movanic Deva, then have it use its Raise Dead on someoneanyone, and have them not lose a level.

But I'm not sure if that is possible.

RFLS
2018-02-18, 02:18 AM
Whoops. That's what I get for not reading. Mea culpa. Yeah, I've got nothing.

Matrota
2018-02-18, 02:43 AM
The Ardent Dilettante PrC (Planar Handbook) capstone makes it so that whenever the dilettante is raised they do not suffer level loss. The 8th level druid spell cocoon (Spell Compendium p. 49) preserves a corpse for a week, and if the corpse is resurrected in that time the spell prevents the subject from level and constitution loss. At the end of the week, if not raised, they're reincarnated. You could also use the spell Revenance (Spell Compendium p. 175) and when it wears off, Revivify.

Vertharrad
2018-02-18, 02:08 PM
3.0 Legends and Lairs Path of Faith p.87 Ressurection Bound feat[divine] Prereqs: ability to cast divine spells granted by a specific deity or pantheon of deities Benefit: A raise dead spell cast for your benefit acts as if it were a true resurrection spell in all ways. This is the only thing I can think of that fits those criteria.

Thurbane
2018-02-18, 04:05 PM
The Recall Spirit ability of an 11th level Spirit Shaman functions like Raise Dead with no level loss.

Yogibear41
2018-02-18, 04:24 PM
3.0 Legends and Lairs Path of Faith p.87 Ressurection Bound feat[divine] Prereqs: ability to cast divine spells granted by a specific deity or pantheon of deities Benefit: A raise dead spell cast for your benefit acts as if it were a true resurrection spell in all ways. This is the only thing I can think of that fits those criteria.

I think this is the feat I was thinking of.

Vertharrad
2018-02-18, 04:58 PM
The thing is the character that wants the effect has to have the feat...

Pugwampy
2018-02-18, 05:13 PM
I never played the level loss card . I think that's unfair .

BloodSnake'sCha
2018-02-18, 05:53 PM
I never played the level loss card . I think that's unfair .
Why?
You failed because you died, you will become weaker so you will not die again.

Anthrowhale
2018-02-18, 05:54 PM
A Wizard 1/Archivist n taking 4 levels of Dweomerkeeper, Spellmastery[True Resurrection], and Uncanny Forethought can do a Supernatural[Uncanny Forethought[True Resurrection]]] providing a means to zero-cost resurrect with no level loss. This is obviously a high level / high op tactic.

Kelb_Panthera
2018-02-18, 06:53 PM
For completeness' sake: being raised in the city of manifest and the surrounding areas from the ghostwalk setting doesn't incur level loss, provided your ghost is present at the time of casting.