PDA

View Full Version : Ammulet of supremacy

Chewie15
2018-02-18, 08:36 AM
Hello! New here very excite. I had a quick question. I have a player running a half dragon warlock, and he is excited about the ammulet of supremacy. The ammulet along with the breath weapon effects also effects the dragons spell like abilities. Now with him being a warlock he has a TON of spell like abilities. My question is, should the ammulet effect his warlock special abilities? Seems a bit OP....

Thank you for your input guys look forward to your thoughts.

DeTess
2018-02-18, 08:45 AM
Hello! New here very excite. I had a quick question. I have a player running a half dragon warlock, and he is excited about the ammulet of supremacy. The ammulet along with the breath weapon effects also effects the dragons spell like abilities. Now with him being a warlock he has a TON of spell like abilities. My question is, should the ammulet effect his warlock special abilities? Seems a bit OP....

Thank you for your input guys look forward to your thoughts.

Well, it's a minor artifact that costs more than a 16th level character's total wealth by level(276000 gp), so for it's price it seems somewhat reasonable. For that price,t eh character could have 5 normal Maximize metamagic rods, which translates to 15 maximized spellls of 6th level or lower per day, so I'm not seeing an issue.

Chewie15
2018-02-18, 08:54 AM
You make an excellent point, I am running a low magic world and the cost I think we have set to 4x the cost, so if he manages to craft it, I guess he deserves it.

KillianHawkeye
2018-02-20, 01:01 AM
If it's an artifact, it's normally not something a character can craft themselves.

hamishspence
2018-02-20, 09:11 AM
True. Lots of NPCs do craft artifacts without specific feats allowing them to do so - but those craftings are generally not the sort of things that can be repeated.