PDA

View Full Version : I don't know what to call this but my computer is being weird

stewstew5
2018-02-18, 01:49 PM
So, i have an HP laptop running windows. It runs fine, but every day or two at around 10:00 it restarts for no reason and my Wacom Intuos driver is uninstalled. help?

Kato
2018-02-19, 04:55 AM
So, i have an HP laptop running windows. It runs fine, but every day or two at around 10:00 it restarts for no reason and my Wacom Intuos driver is uninstalled. help?

Hm... Sounds weird indeed. Shot in the dark: it's your daily automated virus scan and it decides to remove driver for reasons of its own? Or it's an actual virus screwing with you.

snowblizz
2018-02-20, 04:15 AM
It's possible that a newer verison of Win10 (you don't say but am guessing) isn't compatible with the driver. And the 10 clock is when you have your scheduled "downtime" so it tries to fix something.

The newest Fall Creators Edition does fancy stuff with pens and such it's very possible the new smart drawing system or what the erk it's called isn't properly working with your device.

I'd have poke at the Windows Update logs see if it does something at about that time. And also, uninstall old drivers and reinstall fresh new ones.