PDA

View Full Version : Reset, Reboot, And Try Again [IC]

JNAProductions
2018-02-19, 12:03 AM
The bandits of Kashim-Tar, so called because they holed up in the old Kashim-Tar castle, are in your sights. Well... The castle is. You can see a few torches, held by the guards patrolling the outside. The land around the castle used to be clear, but brush and bushes have grown up to the walls in the years since it was abandoned.

What will you do?

Illven
2018-02-21, 11:39 PM
I believe I could try making myself invisible, and fly over it. Natalie offered.

It would provide some info on their numbers, tactics etc. She says stretching her large wings as she continued.

Thokk_Smash
2018-02-21, 11:58 PM
Valeryon nods. "That sounds like a good idea. While you're doin' that, I could sneak up through the brush and try'n check for places to, like, sneak in easier."

Sol
2018-02-22, 03:19 AM
Barrig "Blue Bear" Ironfur, Level 5 Dwarven Bearbearian (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1493774)

Caution is fine, I suppose, but if ye happen to spot a nice quiet section on top of the wall, I can likely leap up there without much fuss, and ye can fly, so we could drop a rope down for the others.

Barrig activates his Ring of Jumping as a bonus action, tripling his jump distances.

With a running start of 10ft, this makes his long jump 72ft and his high jump 30ft. Without a running start, halve those values.

InkisRatticus
2018-02-27, 12:32 AM
Moss

"Well" The halfling said, pulling a scraggly wicker broom from his pack. "I'll follow Valeryon up for moral support and perhaps I can get a pot shot off at whoever's in charge."

Adjusting his face mask he also notes "OR, i can sneak in and disguise myself and get some of the people inside talking. OR while in there I can case a little ruckus and distract them?"

Pull out my broom and mount it.

Thokk_Smash
2018-02-28, 12:44 AM
Valeryon looks around and shrugs. "Nothin' ventured, nothin' gained," he says, and begins to stalk through the brush towards the castle.

Stealth to move through the brush quietly: [roll0]

JNAProductions
2018-02-28, 01:14 AM
The bandits patrol around, but none take notice of the subtle rustling of the bushes. If they do, well, there's some wind. It's only natural.

It takes some eight minutes to find a proper path towards the edge of the castle walls, since brush can be sparse at points, but soon enough, Valeryon is there. Since most guards are patrolling the crenelations, he should be able to simply walk underneath the parapet towards an entrance-however, there were guards at the entrances.

Thokk_Smash
2018-02-28, 01:34 AM
When he gets close to the castle, Valeryon pulls out a small stone slab and some chalk from his bag. Now, Valeryon is self-aware enough to know that numbers...aren't exactly his strongest suit. Counting above ten hurts his brain. But tick-marks aren't numbers! Yay for simplicity!

Valeryon makes his way around the castle, quiet and hidden as best he can. When he sees a new guard, he makes a mark on the stone slab. After he has made his way around the castle, he returns to his fellows.

Another Stealth, if needed: [roll0]

Illven
2018-02-28, 10:54 AM
I really should have made him invisible.... Natalie commented.

InkisRatticus
2018-02-28, 11:26 AM
"Would've help." Moss agreed, twirling his broom in one hand.

JNAProductions
2018-02-28, 01:26 PM
I'm gonna call for just ONE MORE Stealth check-one for getting there (done), one for getting around the castle walls (done), and then one for getting back.

[roll0]

When he returns, he has a marking of about 12 visible guards.

Thokk_Smash
2018-02-28, 09:15 PM
Valeryon returns to his comrades, looking proud of his eventless excursion. "Looks like there are...er..." After a second, he holds up the slab for the others to see. "This many guards."

InkisRatticus
2018-02-28, 11:55 PM
"Twelve , its twelve ..." Moss said; circling the marks with his finger.

Which means 3 kills apiece to kill those that you saw."

Holding up three fingers to Valeryon. "So for each kill you get after that makes each of our lives infinitely easier. So me and you can take out the lookouts first and the rest of the party can sweep in to finish them off."

Lifting his mask abit to show his wide smile to him, he says "Ready to get started?"

Yes, the poor grammar is part of his normal speech pattern.

Illven
2018-03-01, 01:26 AM
Natalie who had facepalmed at the failure of twelve, just nods.

Sol
2018-03-01, 11:20 AM
Barrig "Blue Bear" Ironfur, Level 5 Dwarven Bearbearian (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1493774)

Barrig nods at Natalie knowingly. "Aye, but 'Failure of Twelve' be a good name for the ballad t'will be written about what's to come."

Hefting his greataxe over one of his shoulders, his orange mohawk standing proudly against the breeze, the blue tattoos covering Barrig's exposed chest begin to glow slightly at the prospect of battle.

"Where should we start? I cen't promise te be quiet 'bout it once I bring forth the bear."

Illven
2018-03-01, 01:30 PM
We should try to box them out, so that I may try my fireball. Natalie replied.

Thokk_Smash
2018-03-06, 01:44 AM
Valeryon nods along to Moss' explanation, at least appearing to understand. But as their dwarven companion and sorceress begin to speak, he feels the pressure begin to build behind his eyes once more. Too much talking about what could be done instead of doing. Their shared newfound ability to, er, "reset" may have brought up some existential questions, but it has one perk: mistakes mean a little less for them.

"I'm gonna take out one of the side gate guys. Iffin we all take the ground guys out first, we can move onto the top guys next."

He says it matter-of-factly, and a solid ten seconds later he makes good on his word. He creeps back into the underbrush, circling around toward the further away side gate.

Stealth: [roll0]

JNAProductions
2018-03-06, 12:27 PM
Valeryon moves like a shadow in the night, and soon, is approaching the eastern side gate. There's a bored-looking man there, holding a torch and yawning. At his side is a small blade, and strapped to his back a crossbow.

Sol
2018-03-06, 02:58 PM
Barrig, meanwhile, moves more like a foghorn through a library, so makes his way as cautiously as he can through the brush, to a position roughly 70ft from the side guard, re-activates his Ring of Jumping, and prepares to leap into battle.

edit: botched roll syntax, will double post with rolls

Sol
2018-03-06, 03:06 PM
Initiative: [roll0]
Stealth: [roll1]

Illven
2018-03-06, 04:03 PM
Natalie for her part mutters a few arcane words as her dress starts shimmering with a white energy.