PDA

View Full Version : Lesser Globe of Invulnerability and area of effect spells

alex1g
2018-02-19, 10:53 AM
Hello I got a group that had a Lesser Globe of Invulnerability around themselves and a caster cast a Web spell at them. Question would the Lesser Globe of Invulnerability negate the Webs around them and would the Lesser Globe of Invulnerability dispel the Webs as they walked through it????

denthor
2018-02-19, 11:04 AM
Lesser globe is statuary. The Web spell will not penetrate the globe. If you step outside of its area of effect you make the saving throw if you fail. You are no longer covered in the event of the next spell that come in.

Specific to your question of Web spell if centered on the center of the globe you are not hindered and can move inside the globe, but if there is 5 feet of webbing (it will be in all directions. Your globe is 10 feet in all directions Web spell is 20 feet in all directions. You can not see your opponent, they can not see you. Trapped for about an hour or so until the Web goes down. However your enemies do not know it. Until they brave there own Web spell which means they must make the reflex save. Until they are in your globe you will not know so your opponent comes in one at a time. May get stuck for about an hour new combat your just in a pocket till then. Even when your spell ends the Web does not fill in.

alex1g
2018-02-19, 11:04 AM
Also they insist that the Globe moves with them. Which I'm not in agreement with.

Starkeeper
2018-02-19, 11:38 AM
Also they insist that the Globe moves with them. Which I'm not in agreement with.

An immobile, faintly shimmering magical sphere surrounds you and excludes all spell effects of 3rd level or lower.
There's no room for discussion on that subject.

Elkad
2018-02-19, 02:30 PM

It moved in earlier editions (well, actually it says "centered on caster" without specifying it moved, but I never played at a table where it didn't). Specifically immobile in 3.5. Still trips me up on occasion.

Anthrowhale
2018-02-19, 03:16 PM
Angel's have Protective Aura(Su) which provides a mobile form. Bastion of Good is a 7th level cleric spell which provides the same effect.

alex1g
2018-02-19, 11:47 PM
Ok just to be clear about the Lesser Globe of Invulnerability
1. It stays at the area where its cast. It's immovable. It does not move with you.
2. All spells 3rd lvl and lower can not come into or go out of globe 10 radius.
3. Caster inside Globe can not cast spells 3rd lvl and lower.

BowStreetRunner
2018-02-19, 11:53 PM
Ok just to be clear about the Lesser Globe of Invulnerability
1. It stays at the area where its cast. It's immovable. It does not move with you.
2. All spells 3rd lvl and lower can not come into or go out of globe 10 radius.
3. Caster inside Globe can not cast spells 3rd lvl and lower.

1 is correct. 2 & 3 are wrong. "any type of spell can be cast through or out of the magical globe"

So those standing inside the globe can cast spells. If those spells are 3rd level or lower only the part of the spell effect that is outside the globe will occur. Also, if someone standing on one side of the globe casts a 3rd or lower spell at someone on the other side the spell will still hit them - it can go through it. But the area of the globe will never be part of the area of the effect.

KillianHawkeye
2018-02-20, 12:58 AM
Even the higher-level version, globe of invulnerability, is immobile.