PDA

View Full Version : Gamer Humor Old Spice Gentleman class - by Old Spice!

J-H
2018-02-19, 10:34 PM
Seen via an actual ad on Facebook.
This appears to be the real deal, and they credit Paizo for the help.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HRehWwzfWSb0zXC7cjyu9FVC5zCL9Rq1/view

Posting in RPG forum instead of 3.5/PF for better visibility, since this is funny more than it is crunchy.

I think they did a good job.

CharonsHelper
2018-02-19, 11:25 PM
Seen via an actual ad on Facebook.
This appears to be the real deal, and they credit Paizo for the help.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HRehWwzfWSb0zXC7cjyu9FVC5zCL9Rq1/view

Posting in RPG forum instead of 3.5/PF for better visibility, since this is funny more than it is crunchy.

I think they did a good job.

It is amusing - but they mixed Pathfinder & 5e mechanics. (Wisdom save etc.)

Lord Torath
2018-02-20, 11:23 AM
I like the last line of the Gentleman's Code:

The Gentleman would never attack a member of the opposite sex first. That is just common knowledge, and we are surprised we even had to point this out. What right-minded player would ever think that a Gentleman would attack a member of the opposite sex first? If that player is you, then you should consider playing the Foolish or Dummy class instead of a Gentleman.

The implications of the code, and how the Gentleman views member of the opposite sex is something I won't get into here. Other issues: Is The Gentleman class available to both sexes? How does it apply to LGBTQ characters?

Honest Tiefling
2018-02-20, 01:14 PM
The implications of the code, and how the Gentleman views member of the opposite sex is something I won't get into here. Other issues: Is The Gentleman class available to both sexes? How does it apply to LGBTQ characters?

The rules explicitly allow a gentle-lady to wear a top, so female members of the class must exist. Through I wonder why that rule isn't optional, really.

Segev
2018-02-20, 02:03 PM
The rules explicitly allow a gentle-lady to wear a top, so female members of the class must exist. Through I wonder why that rule isn't optional, really.

Mainly because it isn't very lady-like to be topless in public. And the Gentleman class is cultivating a rather specific cultural aesthetic.

RazorChain
2018-02-20, 02:06 PM
This advertisement campaign is a recipe for success it's all over RPG forums and groups on facebook. Before I know every roleplayer I play with will smell like old spice.

Chummer, you've been played by the megacorporations

Segev
2018-02-20, 02:27 PM
This advertisement campaign is a recipe for success it's all over RPG forums and groups on facebook. Before I know every roleplayer I play with will smell like old spice.

Friend, if you use Google or any of their products, this has been true since you started. And likely before. :P

CharonsHelper
2018-02-20, 02:46 PM
Before I know every roleplayer I play with will smell like old spice.

That'd be a major improvement over the usual unwashed convention stink. :smallyuk:

It's pretty obvious that it's an ad - but it's an amusing/clever one.

What - companies aren't allowed to try to appeal to the nerdy/gamer demographic?

RazorChain
2018-02-20, 05:01 PM
Friend, if you use Google or any of their products, this has been true since you started. And likely before. :P

Are you kidding me? I'm still surfing the net in UNIX like I did in '93 If it aint broken why fix it...although my 1200 baud modem doesnt handle the internet anymore.

Google? Never! I'd rather use Netscape Navigator!!!

Scripten
2018-02-20, 05:05 PM
I already use Old Spice so their ad campaign is totally wasted on me!

Wait a sec...

RazorChain
2018-02-20, 06:13 PM
I already use Old Spice so their ad campaign is totally wasted on me!

Wait a sec...

I'd prefer Posh Spice or Scary Spice over Old Spice any day!

Dragovon
2018-02-21, 11:48 AM
As an occasional convention goer...I hope their campaign is very successful among the gamer crowd. :)