PDA

View Full Version : Superhero Mutants and Masterminds 3rd edition

Balance00
2018-02-20, 02:24 PM
Hello,

I am a new GM looking to help a player who has a cool character concept but I am not sure how to build it in this addition. He wants the ability to modify vehicles to increase their stats/make them into other vehicles. i.e. make his suburban into a tank or apc or something.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

James

Grod_The_Giant
2018-02-20, 05:39 PM
I was just talking about this in the other thread about Kamen Riders. The easiest thing is probably to buy powers with Affects Only Others and Affects Only Objects-- that way you can slap a car and turn it into a tank or whatnot. If you want to be really versatile, you could take that up to a Variable effect, but it's probably easier to just use some Alternate Effects and Power Stunts. You can also use Summon power to manifest vehicles, as per the Summoning Power Profile. Grab that with a Limited flaw along the lines of "requires base vehicle to replace" and you're good.

Summon Vehicle
You conjure up a vehicle to transport you (and possibly others). Create it according to the usual vehicle rules (Hero’s Handbook, page 169) based on (rank x 15 points). Cost-wise, this is similar to the Equipment advantage (which costs 1 point per 5 points of the vehicle’s cost) but sustained rather than continuous and with different descriptors.

You may pilot the vehicle yourself or have someone else do so. If the vehicle is capable of driving itself, apply the Responsive modifier of Summon; it essentially removes the move action required to pilot. If the vehicle is remote controlled and must come to you, rather than simply appearing, apply the Self-Powered modifier*.

Power: Summon Vehicle, Controlled • 3 points per rank

*Self-Powered: The summoned agent(s) do not appear near the summoner but must instead travel to the summoner from wherever they are using their own movement capabilities. –1 point per rank.

BarbieTheRPG
2018-02-23, 08:21 PM
Use the Transform effect: at a cost of 4 pts. per rank you can change vehicles into other vehicles. You'll need to have it around rank 16 (25 tons) to affect big vehicles. Making it Ranged makes the cost 5 points per rank.

Expensive but it's a very powerful ability.