PDA

View Full Version : Miniature...

CyberWyld
2007-08-27, 11:14 PM
So I try to purchase mini's that resemble my character regardless of which game they come from. I just purchased a Warmachine mini and it has parts that need attached to the main torso of the figure. I've painted many miniatures but never had to asemble any. What's the best glue/adhesive for attaching metal to metal?

Hasta

Anxe
2007-08-27, 11:52 PM
The type were you need to mix the resin and the other stuff. Just go to a hardware store and ask for some glue that can hold metal together. The type that you need to mix. Any brand of that type of glue will work for gluing mini parts together.

CyberWyld
2007-08-28, 04:00 AM
The type were you need to mix the resin and the other stuff. Just go to a hardware store and ask for some glue that can hold metal together. The type that you need to mix. Any brand of that type of glue will work for gluing mini parts together.

Thank you.

Irreverent Fool
2007-08-28, 06:11 AM
Make sure you scrub the model (which I assume you're familiar with if you've been painting). Then, what I suggest is to just use ordinary superglue. It holds up quite well.

JellyPooga
2007-08-28, 09:35 AM

Whilst 2-part epoxy resin (the stuff this guy is talking about) is very strong, you will probably find Super-Glue easier to use and effective enough; small miniatures don't really need to be fixed all that firmly to be sturdy enough for general use. Depending on how big the miniature is, you may need to "pin" the parts in place as well (this is where you drill a small hole in the surfaces to be adhered and use some fine-gauge wire as 'dowling' for extra security).

Depending on how much of a perfectionist you are, you'll want to get some modelling putty to fill in any gaps left in the join, for a smoother finish, as well.