PDA

View Full Version : Planar Shepherd Wild Shape Question

Yogibear41
2018-02-21, 12:25 AM
If a Planar Shepherd Wildshapes into a form of outsider that is listed as normally wearing armor and using weapons do I have those when I wild shape into that form or am I an unequipped version of said outsider?

For example bearded devils fight with glaives if I wildshaped into one would I gain a Glaive, or would I have to drop my own, then pick it back up after wildshaping to be able to use the bearded devil's special ability that functions with glaives.

Kelb_Panthera
2018-02-21, 02:22 AM
DM call, really. With certain very specific exceptions where the equipment is an intrinsic part of the creature like, say, a pit-fiend's whip and sword; I'd probably rule that you don't get the creature's equipment since you'd still have your own with a mostly humanoid form.

Yogibear41
2018-02-21, 01:33 PM
I think you mean Balor not Pit Fiend, but I get what you are saying. Also when a druid wildshapes all the gear merges into his body. I know its based on alternate form, but the wildshape rules in rule compendium state that all the gear is merged. So if you want to use a weapon or armor you have to take it off then put it back on.

Kelb_Panthera
2018-02-21, 05:32 PM
I think you mean Balor not Pit Fiend, but I get what you are saying. Also when a druid wildshapes all the gear merges into his body. I know its based on alternate form, but the wildshape rules in rule compendium state that all the gear is merged. So if you want to use a weapon or armor you have to take it off then put it back on.

Wild shape is hrs/lvl and most outsiders have the ability to speak as well as a shape very similar to humanoids. Why wouldn't you disrobe, change form, then re-equip? Nevermind wilding clasps being a thing.

Yogibear41
2018-02-21, 05:42 PM
Right, I have no problem with that, I thought you were saying if I wildshaped on the fly without taking my armor off first, my gear wouldn't merge.