PDA

View Full Version : New Sniper Class

CommodoreFluffy
2007-08-27, 11:18 PM
Hello all,
I am Commodore Fluffy, Supreme Commander of the Psychotic Armada, and I have decided to bestow you lowly mortals with a gift, it is a homebrew class...
THE SNIPER...

Check it out and give me some feedback so I can improve it.

Thanks, Commodore Fluffy
(if you give me your email i can send u the full version!)

Sniper
Snipers are found in many areas; often times employed my militaries or other competing factions to get an edge on a battle. Most have come from military training, and if not in war, are hunters or mercenaries.
Adventures: Most snipers adventure because of lack of work during peacetime. But others continue adventuring merely for the challenge of taking out a target. Some are hired as assassins or enforcers by factions, guilds, monasteries, or petty nobles.
Characteristics: Snipers make excellent scouts. Also they are effective combatants, but fare poorly in prolonged melee
Alignment: Snipers tend to be lawful, because of military training, but it is not uncommon for a sniper to be chaotic or neutral. Snipers do not lean towards good or evil.
Religion: Snipers may worship the gods that fighters or rangers worship.
Background: Most snipers were originally in some military organization, and share little bond with other snipers, although there are sharpshooter guilds.
Races: Elves dexterity often leads them down the path of a sniper. Humans show no special affinity towards sniping. Dwarves are generally not nimble enough. Halflings, gnomes, and half-orcs, usually don’t have the patience or discipline for sniping.
Other Classes: Snipers usually get along with others, but show disdain for spell casters, and barbarians for not being able to be subtle in attacks.

Game Rule Information
Snipers have the following game statistics.

Abilities: Dexterity is necessary for ranged attacks, and many skills associated with stealth. Intelligence and Wisdom are also good for many of the sniper’s skills.
Alignment: Usually Lawful
Hit Die: d8

Class Skills
The Sniper’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Search (Wis), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Use Rope (Dex)
Skill Points at 1st level: (6 + Int modifier) x 4
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 6 + Int modifier

Class Features
All of the following are class features of the sniper.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A sniper is proficient with all simple and martial weapons and with light armor, and no shields.
Ranged Precision: As a standard action, a sniper may make a single precisely aimed attack with a ranged weapon, dealing an extra 1d8 points of damage if the attack hits. When making a ranged precision attack, a sniper must be within 30 feet of his target. A sniper’s ranged precision attacks only works against living creatures with discernable anatomies. Any creature that is immune to critical hits is not vulnerable to a ranged precision attack, and any item or ability that protects a creature, also protects a creature from the extra damage.
Unlike the rogue’s sneak attack, the sniper’s target does not have to be flat-footed or denied its Dexterity bonus, but if it is, the sniper’s extra precision damage is stacked with sneak attack damage. Treat the sniper’s ranged precision attack as sneak attack in all other ways
Weapon Focus (Ranged): at level one the Sniper is treated as having the feat Weapon Focus on a ranged weapon of his choice.
Track: at level two the Sniper is treated as having the feat Track
Stealthy: at level two the Sniper is treated as having the feat Stealthy
Run: at level three the sniper is treated as having the feat Run
Point Blank Shot: at level four the sniper is treated as having the feat point blank shot.
Self Sufficient: at level five the sniper is treated as having the feat self sufficient.
Precise Shot: at level six the Sniper is treated as having the feat Precise Shot
Woodland Stride: at level six the Sniper is treated as having the feat Woodland Stride.
Swift Tracker: at level seven the Sniper is treated as having the feat Swift Tracker
Rapid Shot: at level eight the Sniper is treated as having the feat Rapid Shot.
Greater Weapon Focus: at level eight the sniper is treated as having the feat Greater Weapon Focus for a ranged weapon of his choice.
Far Shot: at level nine the sniper is treated as having the feat Far Shot.
Improved Precise Shot: at level ten, the sniper is treated as having the feat improved precise shot.
Sharp Shooting: at level twelve the sniper is treated as having the feat Sharp Shooting.
Camouflage: at level fourteen the sniper is able to hide in any terrain without cover
Extended precision: at level sixteen, a sniper is able to use sneak attack at a range of up to 60 ft
Hide in Plain Sight: at level eighteen the sniper is able to hide, even while being observed in any terrain.

Table 1-1: The Sniper

Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save
Special
1st +1 +2 +2 +0 Ranged Precision +1d8, Weapon Focus
2nd +2 +3 +3 +0 Track, Stealthy
3rd +3 +3 +3 +1 Ranged Precision +2d8, Run
4th +4 +4 +4 +1 Point Blank Shot
5th +5 +4 +4 +1 Ranged Precision +3d8, Self Sufficient
6th +6/+1 +5 +5 +2 Precise Shot
7th +7/+2 +5 +5 +2 Ranged Precision +4d8, Swift Tracker
8th +8/+3 +6 +6 +2 Rapid Shot, Greater Weapon Focus
9th +9/+4 +6 +6 +3 Ranged Precision +5d8, Far Shot
10th +10/+5 +7 +7 +3 Improved Precise Shot
11th +11/+6/+1 +7 +7 +3 Ranged Precision +6d8,
12th +12/+7/+2 +8 +8 +4 Sharp Shooting
13th +13/+8/+3 +8 +8 +4 Ranged Precision +7d8,
14th +14/+9/+4 +9 +9 +4 Camouflage
15th +15/+10/+5 +9 +9 +5 Ranged Precision +8d8,
16th +16/+11/+6/+1 +10 +10 +5 Extended Precision
17th +17/+12/+7/+2 +10 +10 +5 Ranged Precision +9d8,
18th +18/+13/+8/+3 +11 +11 +6 Hide in Plain Sight
19th +19/+14/+9/+4 +11 +11 +6 Ranged Precision +10d8,
20th +20/+15/+10/+5 +12 +12 +6

JackMage666
2007-08-27, 11:23 PM
Bold and Tables are your friend. Helps in the overall read alot.

TheOOB
2007-08-28, 01:27 AM
There is a guide to home brewing by Fax that gives hints on table organazation and such, your class is really hard to read.

The first thing I notice is that the class is a base class. Sniping is way too specific for a base class, heck, archery is too specific for a base class (an archery ranger does alot more then just shoot a bow). You should really look into making this a PrC, possibly even a 5 or 3 level one.

nonsens
2007-08-28, 04:22 AM
I like it though some changes are needed
You should change the ranged precision to d6, because rogues and scouts get their bonus damage also on d6.
And second, why do you have the be within 30 ft. for a sniping attack? To me this sounds you just recreated the scout without having the prequisite to move 10 ft.

Krelon
2007-08-28, 05:39 AM
check out Complete Adventurer page 10: scout
your ranged precision is way much better than the skirmish ability of the scout AND your base attack is better.

check out Complete Adventurer page 54: highland stalker
it is a prestige class so the high BAB is justified, still your ranged precision is much better than skirmish (+1d8 every 2 levels instead of 1d6 every 4).

check out Complete Warrior page 23: darkwood stalker
sneak attack (the real one which is not so good for shooting) +1d6 every 3 levels.

basically your base class is very similiar to: Complete Warrior page 68: Order of the Bow Initiate
(+1d8 ranged precision is the same) but you have a base class here which is as good as or better a prestige class.

overall comment:

Compared to existing base classes the sniper is too powerful. Only advantages but no drawbacks to balance them. Make it a prestige class, best a 5 levels class with low prerequisites that allows an easy change into initiate of the bow because they are much alike. Preferably based on rangers or fighters who have to invest one or two feats and some skills into it.

If you want to keep it a base class I propose a 3/4 base attack (see scout), ranged precision on levels 1/3/5/... and feats on levels 2/4/6 or the other way round: +1d8 on levels 2/4/6 and feats on levels 1/3/5 (basically halve the number of feats you are giving away). Keep the specials like camouflage and self-sufficient.
You can always use your ideas here to create a powerful prestige class (master sniper for example) which can be played starting with different base classes: a sniper (you get the feats you need and stacking ranged precision), fighter (BAB, hitpoints, lots of feats) or ranger (skills, archery feats, devine casting). That would be really cool.

Zeta Kai
2007-08-28, 05:55 AM
Here you go:

Table 1-1: The Sniper
{table]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special
1st|+1|+2|+2|+0|Ranged Precision +1d8, Weapon Focus
2nd|+2|+3|+3|+0|Track, Stealthy
3rd|+3|+3|+3|+1|Ranged Precision +2d8, Run
4th|+4|+4|+4|+1|Point Blank Shot
5th|+5|+4|+4|+1|Ranged Precision +3d8, Self Sufficient
6th|+6/+1|+5|+5|+2|Precise Shot
7th|+7/+2|+5|+5|+2|Ranged Precision +4d8, Swift Tracker
8th|+8/+3|+6|+6|+2|Rapid Shot, Greater Weapon Focus
9th|+9/+4|+6|+6|+3|Ranged Precision +5d8, Far Shot
10th|+10/+5|+7|+7|+3|Improved Precise Shot
11th|+11/+6/+1|+7|+7|+3|Ranged Precision +6d8,
12th|+12/+7/+2|+8|+8|+4|Sharp Shooting
13th|+13/+8/+3|+8|+8|+4|Ranged Precision +7d8,
14th|+14/+9/+4|+9|+9|+4|Camouflage
15th|+15/+10/+5|+9|+9|+5|Ranged Precision +8d8,
16th|+16/+11/+6/+1|+10|+10|+5|Extended Precision
17th|+17/+12/+7/+2|+10|+10|+5|Ranged Precision +9d8,
18th|+18/+13/+8/+3|+11|+11|+6|Hide in Plain Sight
19th|+19/+14/+9/+4|+11|+11|+6|Ranged Precision +10d8,
20th|+20/+15/+10/+5|+12|+12|+6[/table]

...because tables are easy.

CommodoreFluffy
2007-08-28, 11:19 PM
Thanks guys, I'm thinking of making this a prestige class, can any of you give specific suggestions?

Krelon
2007-08-29, 02:53 AM
I can only tell you how I would design a prestige class in general, I dunno if you it's helpful but here it comes:
You might take a look at what sort of base classes a player could/should start with to become a Sniper, for example:
scout, ranger(archery), fighter?, rogue?
Then think what prerequisites are fair and related to your class and one or two of the base classes you expect the players to take (for example: weapon focus[ranged weapon], track; maybe a few ranks in some Sniper-related skill like hide or move silently; maybe even something like sneak attack/skirmish). With a minimum number of ranks in a skill you can adjust the minimum character level needed (max rank = level+3) for the prestige class.
Then check some of the existing ranged prestige classes and try to be unique. As a rule of thumb: the more prerequisites and skillranks needed, the more powerful the prestige class.

You have a lot of ideas in your class already, cut it down to 10 levels and keep the core.

CommodoreFluffy
2007-08-29, 05:38 PM
if it should be a prestige class, should i take out features that i would expect the character to have, or could have, so there would be room for abilities that might be more helpful to someone of the designated level?

Krelon
2007-08-30, 03:53 AM
Feats: my guess is that for a shooter feats like point blank shot, precise shot are a no-brainer. You can expect that the player will take them anyway (you could add them as additional prerequisites of the class, but do not make them the only prerequisites because that would be cheap). Rangers for example will most likely have rapid shot automatically. Whem in doubt you could give 2 or 3 additional bonus feats spread over the prestige class that can be chosen from a list containing several helpful feats (very much like fighter bonus feats).

In my opinion unique abilities are what makes a prestige class most interesting. ranged precision is such a feature - it is heavily used in the Complete Warrior page 68: Order of the Bow Initiate prestige class already.

These are only my personal opinions of course and if you have a good idea for a prestige class just do it.

Wardog
2007-08-30, 03:36 PM
Feats: my guess is that for a shooter feats like point blank shot, precise shot are a no-brainer.

Point Blank Shot?

For a Sniper?

Krelon
2007-08-30, 03:47 PM
Point Blank Shot?

For a Sniper?

yes, because point blank is the prerequisite to precise shot, far shot, rapid shot, manyshot and improved precise shot.

CommodoreFluffy
2007-08-30, 06:07 PM
yes, because point blank is the prerequisite to precise shot, far shot, rapid shot, manyshot and improved precise shot.

LOL:smallbiggrin:

CommodoreFluffy
2007-10-23, 10:14 PM
Hey guys...Im Back...Guies:smallfrown: hello:smallsigh: AARGH:smallfurious:

sikyon
2007-10-23, 10:25 PM
I would do something like the assasin, where if the sniper gets to study the target for a few rounds or something they can deal rediculous damage. Like they can study the target for up to 4 rounds, and for each round studying the target you gain +1d8 damage to the attack and +1 to the attack roll or something. Better snipers can do it longer/more damage.

Finerty
2007-10-24, 09:03 AM
If you wanted to make it into a Prestige Class, I would look at Order of the Bow Initiate... which is an SRD Prestige Class with ranged precision... or the Cragtop Archer from Races of Stone, which has a long-distance focus. They're both decent, I think, but I guess if you really wanted to you could merge the two...

FireSpark
2007-10-24, 11:57 AM
I would have to agree with what's already been said, in that there are a lot of benefits without any balancing factors. Also, it struck me, that asides from the ranged precision ability (little strong for a base class, but that horse has been beat already) you basically just fill the holes in between with feats. That right there says that there really isn't much flavor here to justify 20 levels. Maybe 10 levels at best.

But even then, when making your own class, the best way to get it to stand out is to have it do something that no other class does (or do something other classes do but in a different way). I myself have designed a sniper PrC (which is linked in my sig), and so I know the difficulty an archery based class can give in coming up with new ideas. A good starting thought, I find, is "Wouldn't it be cool if....", and then go from there and build on the idea.

CommodoreFluffy
2007-10-24, 09:42 PM
Hey Guys, I am in highschool. And you guys (hopefully) know what school is like, so I won't be able to respond quickly, i would love it if somebody compiled all of the input from this entire discussion, and email it to me.

CommodoreFluffy
2007-10-24, 09:49 PM
P.S. On the previous thing, if somebody gives me a compiled version, I would gladly take all of your input (That doesn't contradict others). And if it does contradict, I guess I will just have to roll a d20:smallwink:

Toodles! The Commodore

CommodoreFluffy
2007-10-24, 10:28 PM
IMPORTANT!
Anybody can give me their email, and I will send you my word document, so you could view it with ease.

Toodles! The Commodore:wink:

sheepofoblivion
2007-10-24, 10:35 PM
Nice, as peeps said, not enough drawbacks, maybe low hit dice, or horribe close range cuz snipers are sorta covert, sounds sorta like a solo character, or peeps who plan out combat too much (having sniper on high ledge, having wizards in very concealed area... etc... not for the people who just hope for the best)... If you do what I suggest, either you need a lot of tanks with you, or you need to solo and move Very Quietly, and Hide (have to highlight that) (cuz out of experience, whenever I try to sneak the rest of my party sux)

CommodoreFluffy
2007-10-24, 11:08 PM
Nice, as peeps said, not enough drawbacks, maybe low hit dice, or horribe close range cuz snipers are sorta covert, sounds sorta like a solo character, or peeps who plan out combat too much (having sniper on high ledge, having wizards in very concealed area... etc... not for the people who just hope for the best)... If you do what I suggest, either you need a lot of tanks with you, or you need to solo and move Very Quietly, and Hide (have to highlight that) (cuz out of experience, whenever I try to sneak the rest of my party sux)

Please try to talk in full sentences, sheep.:smallfurious:

CommodoreFluffy
2007-10-27, 01:01 PM
Now that I think of it, It would be interesting to designate a role in an adventuring party for this class. I guess that this class may make a good scout, and surprise round opener, but I cannot see this class doing much more than that in a normal adventuring party.:confused:

Also it has come to my attention, Pirate, or Ninja?

Finerty
2007-10-27, 06:19 PM
Why does this class even have melee weapon proficiency?

CommodoreFluffy
2007-10-27, 06:54 PM
Yes, It has proficiency with Simple and Marital Weapons, But I am trying to convert it into a prestige class, because as others noted, it is way to specific to be a base class.

Ossian
2007-10-28, 10:38 AM
My thoughts.

Personally, I love to have snipers, marksmen and sharpshooters in my games. Yet I am talking about d20 star wars, which even has a Prestige Class called Sharpshooter. So, 1st point, make it a PrCl and not a core class.

2nd point: work on the character concept before tackling the mechanics. Snipers work well in amodern context, with long range weapons and a whole different set of tactics and flavor. The ability to be invisible because you are simply 4 miles away, to be patient and calm even under a rain of fire, to aim carefully even if in the scope you see the brute approaching the damsel in distress and in poor clothing that you loved since lower-high school, the skill to find your orientation on an unknown map, get to the target, undesrtand the area and go 1-shot-1-kill need all to be factored. Otherwise, there really is no need to go "Sniper PrC".Just build a High Dexterity multiclass ranger/rogue, maybe even an elf, and with the appropriate feats you have your long ranged assassin (and with all the otjher assassin PrC you can access, the job is pretty much done. What I am saying is that a big part of what your mechanincs cover, has already been put in the books, only scattered here and there.

So, if a prC is still what you are looking for, let's see what we can do.
It has to be a military training class, or at least, it works better this way. So, let's imagine that your character (maybe the same ranger/rogue elf) enters the E.S. Army /Elven States Army). He shows the talent to be the man that kills from the next week, so far his shots go that he can snipe you even from the future.

He's decently trained and experienced, and has been into many many many a fight, that is:

BAB +5

He is stealthy and an acute observer. He knows what is around him at any given moment. He's calm and confident in his choices, especially when it comes to trusting how good a hiding position is.

Skills prereqs.: Hide 4 ranks, Move Silenty 4 ranks, Spot 4 Ranks, Listen 2 ranks.

He is quite accustomed to be alone for most of the time. He can possibly go on a mission with a fellow spotter, but he'd rather be alone, and fix whatever happens to him without too much help. Just as good at planning as he is at improvising. Moreover, he's about to acces the benefits of advanced training, which will place him in tha ranks of the dangerous and invisible angels of death. So he's got to know way more than the bare minimum. He's got to be ALREADY a good sniper (even if he's not yet in the PrC). What else? He's got to be already ONE with his signature weapon.

Feats: Self Sufficient. Precise Shot. Far Shot. Weapon Focus (long ranged weapon).

So, now you're a sniper, let's see what you get from the Academy when you graduate.

Vitality: d6. (you simply don't engage in combat, unless you really have to. You are resilient, and enduring, and can shrug off weariness and sleep deprivation, but you just don't take as much phisical punishemnt as more specialized melee fighetrs. better rely on what you have done before starting over as a sniper (maybe you have 5 levels of Fighter).

You skill choice: pretty good.
Balance, Climb, Craft (weapon you have weapon focus with), Disguise (to camouflage), Heal, Hide, Jump, Knowledge (geography, local), Listen, Move Silently, profession, repair (see "craft"), spot, swim, survival, tumble.

Skill points: 4+INT x level

BAB progression: yours looks a bit too good (like a fighter's). Try this.
+1/+2/+3/+4/+5

EDIT: I meant, try the fighter's progression if you make it a 5 levelks PrClass. If it's a 10 levels one, use the rogues' BAB progression.

Well, now that I read this, it looks A LOT like the old Star Wars Hero's Guide Sharpshooter. It's probably my subconscium.
What it says is that basically you cam SNEAK ATTACK just like a rogue (upon flanking/denied dex. bonus/unaware target) from a far greater distance. I'd say up to the first range increment of you Weapon Focus weapon, but this does NOT stack with other sneak attacks you might already have.
Point is, if you're targeting a vital spot with an arrow, there is only so much damage you can do, so adding extra d8s is a bit unbalanced.

Plus, you should get Greater weapon focus and Greater Weapon specialization before level 5 even if you do not meet the prerequisites (but if you do, they stack as per manual).

There were also nice things like a full round attack that gives you an automatic Coup de Grace and a range increment for your weapon familiarity , plus an extra attack bonus with your weapon of focus.

O.

Krelon
2007-10-28, 11:57 AM
if you make it a 5 level prestige class ranged precision is not that bad.
suggestion of special abilities:

Level 1:

weapon specialization in a ranged weapon for that you have the weapon focus (even if you do not fulfill the prerequisites)

Level 2:

coldblooded aiming (precision): No matter what happens all around you, you concentrate on your shooting only - and nothing else. You must not move during a full round (you actively declare that you forgo all movement, including 5ft. steps). Until you move again, starting with this round, all your shots (only the first arrow in a barrage that is fired as one shot, even if it has multiple targets, benefits from this) deal an additional 1d8 damage within the first range increment since you pinpoint weak spots. If you have to make a reflex throw coldblooded aiming ends, but you can forgo the roll and fail automatically; if you do so you can continue. If you are attacked with a melee weapon, you must take a penalty of -2 to AC if you want to keep up coldblooded aiming.

Targets immune to critical hits may be immune to this ability at the game masters discretion but are not automatically so. Coldblooded aiming stacks with other sneak and precision damage but the requirements must be met for all types of precision damage, they do not work automatically. For obvious reasons (movement restrictions) this ability is not likely to work together with skirmish.

Level 3:

greater weapon focus in a ranged weapon for that you have the specialization (even if you do not fulfill the prerequisites)

Level 4:

coldblooded aiming (precision): 2d8

Level 5:

death shot like an assassin: you must study your target for 3 rounds and make the attack within the next 3 rounds, only with a ranged weapon you have focus for and within the first increment. You must not move during aiming and shooting. If this single shot hits the target has to save or die. Fortitude save DC = 10+sniper class level+INT modifier. If the save works, it still takes normal damage (which can cause death normally).

EDIT: as I see it in a regular combat (dungeon crawl) if the sniper has no melee opponent he can stand and shoot (for example with rapid shots) that deal an additional 2d8+2 damage per shot. Not that bad. Plus he really is a sniper able to take out a single target with one shot (death shot).

EDIT2:

new feat: improved death shot (epic)

You are not restricted to only one shot, after the necessary 3 rounds of aiming you can fire one death shot per round for a maximum of 3 rounds (3 shots).
The save DC is replaced by 10+ half character level + INT modifier.
If you roll a natural 20 on the death shot attack roll, you multiply the inflicted damage total (including all extra damage) by 5 (even if the target is immune to death attacks and critical hits). This is instead of a critical hit (you do not confirm your attack roll).

@Ossian: why tumble? you don't engage in close quarters.

Ossian
2007-10-28, 05:48 PM
Tumble...hmmm...don't know! Honestly, it was just a slip. I meant Balance, and I put it, but I forgot to remove Tumble. Still a good skill to have, especially during a fast retreat after a successful hit, but not relevant to the class.

I might add to the nice list above the sniper's quality "Follow Target" you have in star wars. You normally have the benefits of aiming only if the target does not move, or does it only slightly. If the target takes the proverbial 5' step, you can't target weak spots and don't get any of the +1d8 or +2d8.
Add it to level 5 then, and say that if you pass a Reflex check (DC = distance moved in meters, or DC = 3 x feet moved) you stay locked on target and can use the extra damage.

Said extra damage should not stack with the sneak attack from rogue levels, forbalance and also because you have the other advantage that you can ranged-sneak attack someone even beyond the distance set in the rules.

Somewhere in the 5 levels there should be something that allows you to squeeze every yard from the potential range of your weapon of choice. Tha is, a longbow might shoot as far as 400 meters, but very few archers can achieve that, and be effective.

So, not stacking with Far Shot (which gives you a range increment of 1,5 (30 meters become 45)) there should be some special quality that gives you a x2 to your range increment. perhaps only to the category selected; maybe not "composite longbow" but at least "bows" as opposed to "crossbows" or "spears and javelins".

So, you made a 5th level ranger, you moved to "Sniper" and, by level 4, you have a 9th level character with a BAB of +9 that can pick "Improved Critical" with his heavy crossbow, making you threaten a critical hit with 17-20, and a damage of 2d10+4d8 withing 240 feet (that's still respectable 82 meters in my book). 21 of average damage (with a normal crossbow) and a cap of 52!!!

1 shot - 1 kill...

O.

PS

you don't engage in close quarters. right, but I still reccommend to bring a Desert Eagle on you. A Barrett is a clumsy weapon inside a house, and the ricochet is very noisy....(I love crossovers, taking down a Balor with a .50 impoverished uranium bullet from 1500 meters would be class, I dare him to regenerate 5d10x2 damage without a hint of pain)

Krelon
2007-10-28, 05:59 PM
When taking this prestige class select a ranged weapon (for example longbow, including composite) for that you have a weapon focus. The range increment of this weapons increases by 10 feet for every level in this prestige class to a maximum of +50 ft. at level 5.

how about that?

EDIT: why +4d8? (in your crossbow example)

Ossian
2007-10-28, 06:02 PM
In case you scored a crit. It's 2d8 (sniper 4th) +2d8 (it's a crit) +2d10 (crossbow crits)

Osssian

Krelon
2007-10-28, 06:04 PM
I think precision damage (like sneak) does not multiply on a crit. Only the fix values (like weapon specialization) and weapon dice do.

Ossian
2007-10-28, 06:16 PM
Just checked, you're right, it does not multiply. So we're down to 2d10+2d8 in case of a crit. Well, still good enough to take down respectable opponents (use a barrett , use a barrett!!!). No need to crit, just to hit!

O

vivi
2007-10-29, 05:42 PM
Death attack might go well.

vivi
2007-10-29, 05:44 PM
Also it has come to my attention, Pirate, or Ninja?
Its more of a ninja...

LarryLobster
2007-10-29, 07:36 PM
It seems right now that you just made an underpowered version of an archery-based ranger, to give the class more of a unique flavor instead of giving a fixed feat, you could give an archery related bonus feat every few levels. You could add some unique class skills and give the existing ones more evocative names also.

CommodoreFluffy
2008-01-10, 12:52 AM
If anyone wants to give me any more constructive criticism, I'm open.