PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder How far can Perverse Reshaping be pushed?

chimaeraUndying
2018-02-21, 01:14 PM
So Pathfinder's unpronounceable off-brand Slaanesh, Socothbenoth, grants a Fiendish Obedience / Evangelist boon called Perverse Reshaping. It's a 3/day polymorph any object SLA with an... interesting caveat:

Unlike with the spell, you are not limited to existing forms; you could turn the target into a three-headed nymph or a centaur-like creature made only of human body parts, for example (although this does not apply to inanimate forms, such as turning a human into a sculpture of soft clay or vice versa). You can also perform partial transformations, such as granting additional body parts, changing a creature’s limbs into something else, or transforming only a creature’s tongue into a tentacle.

This seems hilariously ripe to abuse in my view, especially if you cheese your way into Evangelist to get it as early as possible. Turn someone you don't like permanently inside-out? Sure! Turn yourself into a writhing mass of dozens of slam attacks tentacles? Right-on! Do the Monster Mash and turn into some sort of Elemental+Dragon made of lightning? Probably works, but hashing out the mechanics of that'd be pretty tough.

What (optimal) uses can you guys see for this, and how would you crunch out the sort of combinations it encourages?

TheCount
2018-02-21, 01:35 PM
take on battleform(s):
grow claws, fangs, horns, wings of anytype, and tail(s), cover it in (thorny) scales with additional spikes for the elbows and the knees.

ofc, it would be better if it GIVES those abilities (claw attack, bit, gore, trample, tail slap, fly)

even more so if you can make it poisoned and stuff.

....i... mighgt have played with the idea to have a character "tailor" a new body for themselves....

chimaeraUndying
2018-02-21, 01:39 PM
....i... mighgt have played with the idea to have a character "grow" a new body for themselves....

One of the more out-there uses for it that'd occurred to me was "turn into the entire group of angry townfolk trying to burn you at the stake as an intimidation tactic". You could also definitely use it to make other people into body doubles of yourself, though.

TheCount
2018-02-22, 01:09 PM
im not sure how a bunch of commoners would be.... threatening an owlbear, for example, especially if they are connected/tied and if that tie is split, the "people" on one side will just colapse.