PDA

View Full Version : New Character Creation for Optimized solo play

Marvnmartian
2018-02-21, 05:05 PM
Creating a character in a bubble where all the party members don't know what the others are making, All i got from the group is 6 players and I need to take care of the main damage dealing roll we were allowed 1 word to say what we were making and i got, Tank, Healer, Talker, Melee, and Support so looking at those I said Damage.

Zanathars, and PHB are the allowed books and im just wondering if any new fun optimized options are out their that i have missed, Likely going to run GooLock2/DracSorc18 just for the simplistic damage output it can achieve.

Think world setting will be forgotten realms as it is what the dm did in the last campaign.

If their is any fun builds you have been running please enlighten me, this dm likes to throw double deadly often enough and final battles are often triple deadly.

Davrix
2018-02-21, 07:01 PM
half elf human variant / elven accuracy + sharpshooter = pincushion

Farecry
2018-02-21, 09:26 PM
Battle master archer adds more attack’s with utility, lol, I mean more chances at extra damages.

Farecry
2018-02-21, 09:31 PM
I had a crazy mix of BM Fighter/UL Warlock(UL being a thematic choice) and it was crazy amounts of fun and I could do just about everything fighting wise. I did have decent Dex/Str/Cha scores, and has no issues using feats instead of bumping to 20. SS/CBX and dual wielder feat because DM gave party(who gave me as their new tank) some crazy home brew magic swords(set) that boosted AC while using both. But as a ranged guy I could murder people no problem.

seventh_soul
2018-02-23, 05:25 PM
Cant go wrong with rogue for dps

ShikomeKidoMi
2018-02-24, 02:48 AM
A party of six people is not solo play, so the thread title is a little misleading. Solo play is one PC and the DM.

For DPS in a group I'd consider either Rogue, Paladin, or Hexblade/Paladin.

For true Solo Play? Pure paladin. You've got high hitpoints, good armor, good DPS, some nice defensive abilities, and access to healing magic. Plus, the fact Charisma is one of your class abilities means you should have at least moderate ability at social skills if they're required.