PDA

View Full Version : Index [3.5] Templates That Give Evil Subtype

Thurbane
2018-02-21, 09:22 PM
Hey all,

Can anyone help me compile a list of templates that give the Evil subtype?

Off the top of my head, I can only think of Unholy Scion, but surely there must be more?

P.S. Looking specifically for templates, and not things like the Savage Species rituals.

Cheers - T

Matrota
2018-02-21, 09:47 PM
I wanna say that the Corrupted creature template in BoVD gives the evil subtype but I can't say for sure.

Jowgen
2018-02-21, 10:59 PM
Divine Minion of an Evil deity would do the trick. Rather out there, if a true dragon one could become an Evil Arch-Dragon (from some dragon magazine)

ShurikVch
2018-02-22, 06:59 AM
Necrocarnum Zombie
Living Spells with [Evil] descriptor
"2in1" templates - such as Symbiotic and Tauric creatures - if one of "parts" have Evil Subtype
Demon Lord template (Dragon #359)
If you're OK for Dragonlance stuff - then Divine Messenger for Evil deities (Holy Orders of the Stars)

Thurbane
2018-02-22, 03:52 PM
Cool, thanks for the replies.

There's nowhere near as many options as I thought.

Crake
2018-02-22, 06:47 PM
Divine Minion of an Evil deity would do the trick. Rather out there, if a true dragon one could become an Evil Arch-Dragon (from some dragon magazine)

Iirc divine minion only changes existing alignment subtypes, it doesn't grant you one if you don't already have one. I am referring to muldohari divine minion however, so if it's a different one that you're talking about, I could be wrong.

Here's the text:

Size and Type: The creature's type changes to outsider, and any alignment subtypes it has changes to match the corresponding alignment subtypes of its deity. Divine minions encountered on the Material Plane have the extraplanar subtype. Do not recalculate the creature's Hit Dice, base attack bonus, saves, or skill points.

Thurbane
2018-04-09, 04:58 PM
Iirc divine minion only changes existing alignment subtypes, it doesn't grant you one if you don't already have one.

You're right. That's a little frustrating for my purposes.

DrMotives
2018-04-09, 05:43 PM

Archdragon is from dragon #321, and does add an alignment subtype to a true dragon.

Sgt. Cookie
2018-04-09, 06:09 PM
IIRC savage species has a ritual thing but I think that's for elemental subtypes.

What's this for, might I ask? Might help with options.

Crake
2018-04-09, 06:11 PM
IIRC savage species has a ritual thing but I think that's for elemental subtypes.

Uhh.......

Hey all,

Can anyone help me compile a list of templates that give the Evil subtype?

Off the top of my head, I can only think of Unholy Scion, but surely there must be more?

P.S. Looking specifically for templates, and not things like the Savage Species rituals.

Cheers - T

Thurbane
2018-04-09, 06:29 PM

Mainly for qualifying NPCs/monsters for things like the "Fiend of X" prestige classes...

Piggy Knowles
2018-04-09, 06:32 PM
The easiest qualification for the Fiend of XXX classes that I know of is to go with a mulhorandi divine minion diabolus. Diabolus is an LA +1 outsider with the law subtype from Dragon Compendium; mulhorandi divine minion of an evil deity not named Set will change that to the evil subtype for an additional +1 LA.

Bladelings from MM 2 are cooler than diaboli and similarly are outsiders with the law subtype, but they were upped to +2 LA in the 3.5 update.

Thurbane
2018-04-09, 06:39 PM
The easiest qualification for the Fiend of XXX classes that I know of is to go with a mulhorandi divine minion diabolus. Diabolus is an LA +1 outsider with the law subtype from Dragon Compendium; mulhorandi divine minion of an evil deity not named Set will change that to the evil subtype for an additional +1 LA.

Bladelings from MM 2 are cooler than diaboli and similarly are outsiders with the law subtype, but they were upped to +2 LA in the 3.5 update.

LA doesn't really matter, it's mainly for NPCs/monsters.

Thanks. :smallsmile:

ShurikVch
2018-04-10, 02:01 AM
Mainly for qualifying NPCs/monsters for things like the "Fiend of X" prestige classes...How about the temporary Evil subtype via the Demonic Blood Infusion spell from the Ghostwalk WE?

Vizzerdrix
2018-04-10, 03:42 PM
The easiest qualification for the Fiend of XXX classes that I know of is to go with a mulhorandi divine minion diabolus.

I love that build for entry into FoP. If I recall, the only option is Sebek if you want minimal LA. I've always used Ardent as a lead in, but I'm not sure if that is the best option.

Thurbane
2018-04-10, 03:54 PM
How about the temporary Evil subtype via the Demonic Blood Infusion spell from the Ghostwalk WE?

Good suggestion, but a little too cheesy for my taste.

ShurikVch
2018-04-11, 06:23 AM
How about the Petitioners?
They're got subtypes of their Planes/Patrons.
Petitioners of Abyss, Hades, Blood Rift, and the Barrens of Doom and Despair are even got that No Planar Commitment SQ

hamishspence
2018-04-11, 08:02 AM

Actually (despite the name) they're Chaotic, not Lawful.

Kaorti from Fiend Folio are Evil subtype Outsiders (from the Far Realm) - I think their entry discussed using it as a template - transforming regular creatures into Kaorti. I could be wrong though.