PDA

View Full Version : Aasimar and Wizard class

Xar Zarath
2018-02-22, 08:30 AM
So playgrounders, have been checking up on 5e a bit and saw the aasimar. How are they when playing with as a Wizard class?

Does it progress Charisma only or every level can just level up Int?

How well does the race work with the class?

*I mean, I kind of like the pairing at the moment and would like to see how it plays out further personally in future situations.

Sigreid
2018-02-22, 08:39 AM
If you use your ASI to raise your intelligence it'll be fine. At worst you'd be 1 ASI behind a race with a bonus to intelligence. So maybe 1 less feat.

That said, wizards aren't really very dependent on feats to be effective wizards.

Aett_Thorn
2018-02-22, 08:50 AM
So playgrounders, have been checking up on 5e a bit and saw the aasimar. How are they when playing with as a Wizard class?

Does it progress Charisma only or every level can just level up Int?

How well does the race work with the class?

*I mean, I kind of like the pairing at the moment and would like to see how it plays out further personally in future situations.

Just FYI, you may want to check up on the basic rules a bit more to get a good grasp of them. Not saying this as an insult, just that you seem to be showing some misconceptions about how 5e operates compared to previous versions. For instance, you don't level up stats ever level, but every 4 levels you can choose to either increase one stat by +2, two stats by +1, or if your DM allows, you can take a feat instead.

That said, there is absolutely nothing wrong with pairing Aasimar and a Wizard. Sure, the stats aren't a great alignment, but they can do just fine as a Wizard. I would say that Protector or Fallen is better than Scourge, just because as a Wizard, you don't get many hit points, so taking self damage every round is not going to end well for you.

DarkKnightJin
2018-02-22, 09:26 AM
I would say that Protector or Fallen is better than Scourge, just because as a Wizard, you don't get many hit points, so taking self damage every round is not going to end well for you.

Even if they are resistant to the damage they'd be dealing every round, it's still an aura. And most Wizards prefer to NOT be up close and personal with the baddie they're fighting.

pdegan2814
2018-02-22, 10:19 AM
Even if they are resistant to the damage they'd be dealing every round, it's still an aura. And most Wizards prefer to NOT be up close and personal with the baddie they're fighting.

If a Scourge Aasimar wizard is in close enough proximity to enemies to make Radiant Consumption worthwhile, they've got other problems. I suppose if an Aasimar were able to become a Bladesinger it could be interesting.