PDA

View Full Version : One Shot Assistance

Torzen
2018-02-22, 07:21 PM
This week only two of my PC'S are available. I was thinking about doing a one shot with them. Does anybody know somewhere to get something for only two PC'S?

LeonBH
2018-02-22, 07:29 PM
Just make something up! Give it:

1. A goal to fulfill by the end of the session (rescue inn from goblins)
2. A reason for them to team up (was asked for help by the innkeeper)
3. A bunch of level-appropriate encounters

Bring booze (if you are at or above the age of majority in your area) :)

Torzen
2018-02-22, 07:37 PM
Just make something up! Give it:

1. A goal to fulfill by the end of the session (rescue inn from goblins)
2. A reason for them to team up (was asked for help by the innkeeper)
3. A bunch of level-appropriate encounters

Bring booze (if you are at or above the age of majority in your area) :)

There are a few ideas I have been playing with for the session. I was just wanting to see if there might be something out there somewhere already.
And it's not a session for us without booze. Lol. Only rule is don't get drunk because what you do drunk stays with you in game lol.

mythstorm
2018-02-22, 10:15 PM
Try dandwiki.com (sorry, I'm a new member, long time lurker, so i can't post links)

If anything, they might at least give you a few ideas.

Blood of Gaea
2018-02-22, 10:22 PM
Go to http://www.dmsguild.com/ and search for one-shots, there are plenty free and pay-what-you-want options, it's a great fallback if you need to run a quick session without much prep time.

strangebloke
2018-02-22, 11:17 PM
Honestly I think the most-fun thing to do here is a heist.

1. Super awesome loot (the macguffin)
2. A patron to bring them together. (some kinda crime boss mebbe)
3. A ridiculous, over the top security system with guards, traps, ventilation shafter etc.
4. The sudden but inevitable betrayal of the patron.
5. The getaway.

nickl_2000
2018-02-23, 07:56 AM
Check my signature. I have a few that I've written for these exact situations (including a heist that went over quite well). Feel free to steal/borrow whatever you like.

DeTess
2018-02-23, 08:10 AM
In a similar situation, our DM had a fey-lord kidnap and dump us in a labyrinth in the fey-wilds for a bit, but he's also let the two of us loose on the main plot. When he did that, he had tot ell us to slow down about halfway through the session, because at the rate we where going, we would have solved that particular chapter by the end of the session (we had to kill three liches-to-be, and we'd gotten the first one in the first 90 minutes of the session).