PDA

View Full Version : Trappity Trap Trap Trap

AKA_Bait
2007-08-28, 09:02 AM
Anyone know a good webresource for 3.5 traps? Or of any really nifty homebrewed ones?

Thanks!

Crow
2007-08-28, 09:07 AM
I like to combine the example traps in the DMG.

For instance, use two portcullis traps to close off a hallway once the PC's are in it, then use a series of pit traps to have the whole hallway fall out from under them.

;)

DraPrime
2007-08-28, 09:25 AM
Google Search Engine.

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2007-08-28, 09:32 AM
There was a web enhancement (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060127a) to Races of the Dragon that featured traps.

The article focus was Kobold traps, but many of them can of course be used by other creatures.

Shatenjager
2007-08-28, 02:33 PM
There is generally a decent trap per month in the comic Knights of the Dinner table. They are made to be generic though, so you would have to stat it out.

TheAlmightyOne
2007-08-28, 03:30 PM
I once had a dungeon where players had to trigger 3 traps simultaneously to progress (they could disable them and then stand on the trapped areas but strangly nobody even asked if that was aloud). One was your run of the mill crossbow bolt. One was a poison gas trap, the other poured venoumous scorpions onto the player. However the dwarf triggered the gas and passed his save cos of the +2, the rogue passed his reflex and dodged the arrow. the wizard failed both his reflex saves and so was stung horribly by scorpians and was then shot with the arrow the rogue had dodged. the fighter laughed at them all.

Mad Wizard
2007-08-28, 09:37 PM
There are a couple of Traps and Treachery books, which are basically entire books of traps, but I think they're 3.0. Still, they convert easily and have a lot of good traps in them.

Kizara
2007-08-28, 09:51 PM
There's the 3.0 Book of Challenges, I found it was a good trap reasource.

Funkyodor
2007-08-29, 02:21 AM
Lets see...
Reverse Gravity trap. Natural cave filled with stalagtites, reverse gravity, fun!

Flesh to Stone Gas trap. Walking through a hallway with a couple of statues resplendant in armor, chipped away or broken hands, none have a look of horror on them. The players might be thinking cocatrice, basalisk, or catableapos (sp), then click, poof, fort save or stone, Fun!

Rickety rope bridge 5D6 pearl of fireball trap. Progress across a rickety rope bridge, if they check for traps then yea, they get a 5D6 pearl of fireball, else Boom! Snap! Fall! OOOooooo, splat! Fun!

High lvl illusionary spelll of a wall to conceal a door. Door has a Glyph of Insanity on it. Dispell the illusion and Bamf! Insanely good times!

Uhh, just off the top of my head...

Maxymiuk
2007-08-29, 04:27 AM
I'm currently putting my players through a kobold encounter scenario, where I'm using their natural responses against them. So far it looked like this: the party, on a mission to hunt said kobolds, come across a skull and crossbones marker off the road. Of course one of them decides to mess with it.

Pit trap.

The kobolds, hidden in the forest line 400ft away open fire with crossbows. The party runs for the cover of a nearby rock outcropping.

Pit trap.

After discussing strategy and expending a few spells, the group makes a charge for the forest. During which the kobolds make themselves scarce, leaving behind a scroll lying on the ground.

Pit trap.

The session ended there, and by now I'm hoping that they've gotten better at pattern recognition. Because I have so much more in store for them. :smallamused: