PDA

View Full Version : Starswirl Meeting: Starry Sky choice

Emmerlaus
2018-02-23, 08:00 PM
Its very early in the morning. The sun is barely up. Still, Starswirl is at his desk.

Starry Sky is next to Deepwood. Tea Agony is next to Starswirl. Tea Agony look especially grave and avoid Deepwood gaze.

The atmosphere is kinda... oppressing.

Starswirl: " Sit down Starry Sky. "

Once you do, he continue: " Now, tell me, do you think you would be able to help with the weather above the Everfree Forest? "

igordragonian
2018-02-24, 08:03 PM
Deepwood was worried, but managed, to keep on his usual buisness grumpy expriession.
For now he just listened

The_Iron_Lord
2018-02-24, 09:05 PM
Its very early in the morning. The sun is barely up. Still, Starswirl is at his desk.

Starry Sky is next to Deepwood. Tea Agony is next to Starswirl. Tea Agony look especially grave and avoid Deepwood gaze.

The atmosphere is kinda... oppressing.

Starswirl: " Sit down Starry Sky. "

Once you do, he continue: " Now, tell me, do you think you would be able to help with the weather above the Everfree Forest? "

Starry Sky rubs his eyes with a hoof, then takes the offered seat. He yawns slightly, then grins. The library at this castle is too well-stocked for my own good...it was almost dawn when I went to sleep. Perhaps not the best first impression on my employers-to-be! He shakes his head, clearing it, then answers Starswirl's question Certainly! While I'm no expert weatherpony, I possess a fair amount of skill--and I seem to be particularly good at serving as a wingpony. I am also a certified weather-alchemist, capable of brewing up storms, bottling lightning, mixing up rainbows, et cetera. Assuming that you have a multipurpose alchemy lab, I should be able to do all of those things; hay, I could probably mix up enough snow clouds to bring in winter, given some time!

Emmerlaus
2018-02-24, 09:19 PM
Starswirl listen every words. Once he finish, he say: " If you work for me, you understand of course that the presence of both Princess Celestia and Princess Luna should be keep a secret. Only the Earth Pony nation knows for now and pleadged alligeance already. Since they were bullied by the two other ponies races in the past, I can't blame them. But you will have to understand this, " he point at Starry Sky : " I take betrayal very seriously. You already know a lot and I got the report you seem to like the crew here. Miss Agony here said you could devellop close bonds with the crew and the Princesses if given time. I trust her affinity sensors abilities. But to show my sincerity, Im about to propose to you a solution that will either offend you or make you extremely joyful. Their is no bad answer from the question Im about to ask you...."

He sigh... and finally drob the bomb: " Their IS a way to return you to the future and you live your life normally, with nothing having change from what you know. The solution is drastic though. I would need to erase your memory from your time here in my castle and... kill the future version of you so you can take his place. For reparing the mistake your presence here have cause, Im willing to go that far."

The_Iron_Lord
2018-02-24, 09:38 PM
Starswirl listen every words. Once he finish, he say: " If you work for me, you understand of course that the presence of both Princess Celestia and Princess Luna should be keep a secret. Only the Earth Pony nation knows for now and pledged allegiance already. Since they were bullied by the two other ponies races in the past, I can't blame them. But you will have to understand this, " he point at Starry Sky : " I take betrayal very seriously. You already know a lot and I got the report you seem to like the crew here. Miss Agony here said you could develop close bonds with the crew and the Princesses if given time. I trust her affinity sensors abilities. But to show my sincerity, I'm about to propose to you a solution that will either offend you or make you extremely joyful. Their is no bad answer from the question I'm about to ask you...."

He sigh... and finally drob the bomb: " Their IS a way to return you to the future and you live your life normally, with nothing having change from what you know. The solution is drastic though. I would need to erase your memory from your time here in my castle and... kill the future version of you so you can take his place. For reparing the mistake your presence here have cause, Im willing to go that far."

Starry Sky's eyes widen, a look of absolute shock on his face. It quickly melts into sadness. I...Why did you even have to mention that? I could never let that happen...the version of me in the future deserves to live my own life just as much as I do, if not more...I could never kill
my own self! I'll stay...if only there was another way. I want to go home, but I'd rather never see my family...my friends...Snowy...again than return at the cost of an innocent's life. That's my decision. Starry Sky smiles wryly. It's not really a hard choice...just a sad one.

After he finishes, Starry Sky takes a deep breath. I'll be loyal. Until my dying breath, and beyond. With the demeanor of a pony signing their life to the service of a cause, he speaks his solemn oath. Cross my heart he draws a hoof across his heart Hope to fly he hops slightly Stick a cupcake in my eye. He closes his right eye, then presses a hoof against the eyelid. He returns to all fours and nods. Now I am bound for the rest of my days.

Starry Sky stayed in Ponyville for a fair while, and he retroactively did indeed live in the canon timeline. So he'd definitely know about the Pinkie Promise and how serious it is. Honestly, if he broke it, I wouldn't be surprised if Pinkie Pie actually chased him through time to catch him.

igordragonian
2018-02-25, 06:06 PM
Deepwood sighed. "Well.. that a choice you have made. But we'l survive it together."

Emmerlaus
2018-02-25, 08:42 PM
Starswirl seem relief of the answer but look at you like you are a weirdo at that oath: " Well... hummm... Its the first time I hear such a oath. Anyway, I am sure you'll be able to make friends here in this timeline as well. Or even a special somepony if you are lucky. Dont ever consider your stay here as a handicap to your happiness. "

Tea Agony sigh in relief in the same time as Starswirl.

The_Iron_Lord
2018-02-26, 12:04 AM
Deepwood sighed. "Well.. that a choice you have made. But we'l survive it together."
Starry Sky smiles sadly. Yeah...thank you.

Starswirl seem relief of the answer but look at you like you are a weirdo at that oath: " Well... hummm... Its the first time I hear such a oath. Anyway, I am sure you'll be able to make friends here in this timeline as well. Or even a special somepony if you are lucky. Dont ever consider your stay here as a handicap to your happiness. "

Tea Agony sigh in relief in the same time as Starswirl.

His smile becomes happier real at that. Thank you very much! I hope to make friends with everypony that I can...And perhaps I'll find another special somepony one day, though that'll be a while! He laughs. And that was a Pinkie Promise, one of the most solemn oaths anypony from Ponyville will ever utter. It's named after the local party pony who's everypony's friend, no matter what. She has some seriously bizarre capabilities too; I wouldn't honestly be surprised if she chased me down even now if I ever broke that oath. Not that I ever plan to! ...It's so bizarre to think that Ponyville won't exist for a few millenium...

igordragonian
2018-02-26, 02:17 AM
Pfft. You surely are new here. Actually today was surptisngly sane and normal. And no royalties, which it's even better. Happily for you, you missed my family"s visit."Deepwood havs grunted.

Emmerlaus
2018-02-27, 02:03 PM
Tea Agony goes to Deepwood, grasp him by the ear with telekenesis. She dont do it to harm him though, it seem almost playful despise her cold attitude: " Royalties CAN be nice you know. Don't let Cloudsdale royal family blind you. The Earth Ponies were quite nice and polite and I assure you that you could find gems around Unicorns royalty as well. "

Starswirl shrug: " It seem like quite the pony. Miss Agony, how about we do a celebration for Midnight snack arival among us? I think such party would be fun for everypony after this rough adventure. Beside, I think Harvest Moon would join us for a change as well. "

He turn to Deepwood: " Deepwood, you will have to concentrate your duties on your newborn son for teh next few months. I heard baby bat ponies are mainly nocturnal. This will take priority over you night duties. Am I clear? "

igordragonian
2018-02-27, 08:55 PM
"I can do both. Look!" he shown a carrier (https://ergobaby-production.scdn6.secure.raxcdn.com/media/wysiwyg/images/pdp/use/360.jpg)
"And celebration could be ok."

The_Iron_Lord
2018-02-27, 09:05 PM
Pfft. You surely are new here. Actually today was surprisingly sane and normal. And no royalties, which it's even better. Happily for you, you missed my family"s visit."Deepwood grunted.
Starry Sky smiles wryly. Lots to look forward to I suppose!

Tea Agony goes to Deepwood, grasp him by the ear with telekinesis. She doesn't do it to harm him though, it seem almost playful despise her cold attitude: " Royalties CAN be nice you know. Don't let Cloudsdale royal family blind you. The Earth Ponies were quite nice and polite and I assure you that you could find gems around Unicorns royalty as well. "
Starry Sky nods. Though I hear Prince Blueblood is a bit of an unpleasant pony, the Princess...es are royalty too and a nicer pair of ponies you may never meet!

Starswirl shrug: " It seem like quite the pony. Miss Agony, how about we do a celebration for Midnight snack arival among us? I think such party would be fun for everypony after this rough adventure. Beside, I think Harvest Moon would join us for a change as well. "
Starry Sky scuffs the ground with a hoof, then asks Would it be alright if I too attended the party?

He turn to Deepwood: " Deepwood, you will have to concentrate your duties on your newborn son for teh next few months. I heard baby bat ponies are mainly nocturnal. This will take priority over you night duties. Am I clear? "

"I can do both. Look!" he shown a carrier (https://ergobaby-production.scdn6.secure.raxcdn.com/media/wysiwyg/images/pdp/use/360.jpg)
"And celebration could be ok."
Starry Sky gives the carrier a doubtful look. I wonder how safe that thing actually is...I've never seen anypony in my time using it.

Emmerlaus
2018-02-28, 02:10 PM
Midnight snack wake up and look around, using his hoof as a pacifier. Its cute how he suck on it.

Starswirl nods to Starry Sky: "Of course you are going! Its a excuse to makes you closer to your collegues as well! "

Tea Agony shrug at this blatant lack of subtility and say nothing to Srarswirl. Instead, she goes to her baby and husband, and whisper in a decisive tone: " You better not do both in the same darling. Midnight Snack will NOT come with you on your patrols after all. Especially with the Everfree Forest having become so chaotic."

igordragonian
2018-02-28, 07:56 PM
Deepwood sighed. 'Fiiiiiiiiiine. But what are we gonna do on the weekly crisis?'

Emmerlaus
2018-02-28, 07:59 PM
Deepwood sighed. 'Fiiiiiiiiiine. But what are we gonna do on the weekly crisis?'

" Im gonna take care of it for him. Or bring him to Golden Hour. He had two childrens and both fliers. He is gonna be happy to be a nanny."

The_Iron_Lord
2018-03-01, 11:25 AM
Midnight snack wake up and look around, using his hoof as a pacifier. Its cute how he suck on it.
Starry Sky grins. Midnight Snack is so ridiculously adorable!!

Starswirl nods to Starry Sky: "Of course you are going! Its a excuse to makes you closer to your collegues as well! "
Starry Sky smiles. Thank you, sir! Do you have any suits I could borrow?

" Im gonna take care of it for him. Or bring him to Golden Hour. He had two childrens and both fliers. He is gonna be happy to be a nanny."

Starry Sky's right eye twitches slightly. This Golden Hour...he had two flying foals? I am very impressed that he managed to raise them both without tearing out his own mane...

Emmerlaus
2018-03-06, 01:21 PM
Tea Agony chuckle: " Golden Hour is in fact Sugar Rush father. Miss Sugar Rush have a brother called Lightning Strike. "

Starswirl: " You wont need any suits, it's not a formal occassion. "

( I think we can end it here? )