PDA

View Full Version : How tall are 5e Giants?

Tanarii
2018-02-24, 12:39 PM
They all are Huge sized, per the MM. That means a 15x15ft space. But just as humanoids can be considerably taller than the 5ft of a 5x5ft horizontal space, they can probably be taller than 15ft. And reach up even higher than their height. I scanned the Monster Manual and Volo's and didn't see any height information. Am I just missing the 5e-specific Lore on this?

PhoenixPhyre
2018-02-24, 12:46 PM
They all are Huge sized, per the MM. That means a 15x15ft space. But just as humanoids can be considerably taller than the 5ft of a 5x5ft horizontal space, they can probably be taller than 15ft. And reach up even higher than their height. I scanned the Monster Manual and Volo's and didn't see any height information. Am I just missing the 5e-specific Lore on this?

I'm AFB, but there's a graphic in the MM with the heights listed. It's in the Giant section towards the front of that section, at the bottom of the page.

hymer
2018-02-24, 12:48 PM
I'm AFB, but there's a graphic in the MM with the heights listed. It's in the Giant section towards the front of that section, at the bottom of the page.

Yes. P. 153 in the MM.

Edit: Well, I'll just jot down the values: Hill Giants are 16', Fire and Stone 18', Frosties 21', Cloudies 24', and Storm Giants 26'.

Unoriginal
2018-02-24, 12:55 PM

The Monster Manual clearly says the size Giants' sizes on p. 153, with a comparison between the different kinds.

DMG p. 248 also shows the Huge size compared to the other ones, with a 20ft tall Stone Giant.

Tanarii
2018-02-24, 01:58 PM
Awesome, thanks. I missed it because I was looking for it in the text, not looking at the pics. :smallfrown:

napoleon_in_rag
2018-02-24, 07:49 PM
Awesome, thanks. I missed it because I was looking for it in the text, not looking at the pics. :smallfrown:

Don't feel bad. I usually look at the pictures and ignore whats in the text.