PDA

View Full Version : Non-concentration buff spells?

The Cats
2018-02-24, 10:58 PM
I'm going a little bit cross-eyed trying to find them all. Anyone know of a list, or a filterable database, that could do the work for me?

Next character I want to play is a half-orc warcaller. Bard who bangs on his drums to buff the heck out of his allies. I'm going lore and taking bless as one of the lvl6 secrets so that'll be my go-to, and I'm trying to find some decent stuff I can throw out on subsequent turns.

I want to make an effort to spend my turns boosting my allies before anything else. Far as I see there are no buffing cantrips that don't use concentration, making this kinda tricky, especially at low levels. Any suggestions for good spells to take, or non-spell related buffing I could go for would be appreciated.

chunderbunny
2018-02-25, 12:11 AM
This is trivial in DNDbeyond, just go to the spell section and select "advanced filters".

Kane0
2018-02-25, 04:42 AM
The donjon site should be able to as well, you can filter by school, class, level, ritual, concentration, etc.
Armor of Agathys and Mirror image are popular, as is shield amd absorb elements

Ninja_Prawn
2018-02-25, 10:57 AM
Let's have a look at non-concentration, non-self buff spells on the bard list...

Cantrips
None

Level 1
Longstrider

Level 2
None

Level 3
Nondetection
Tongues

Level 4
Freedom of Movement

Level 5
Seeming

Level 6
True Seeing

Level 7
Regenerate

Level 8
Mind Blank

Level 9
Foresight
Wow, that's a short list.

Saggo
2018-02-25, 11:21 AM
For non-concentration buffs at level 6, the only consistently useful ones would be Aid followed distantly by Warding Bond. I'd suggest stealing Aid as your second Magical Secrets, not only does it boost survivability, it's a useful AoE heal.

Beechgnome
2018-02-25, 11:26 AM
Some non concentration spells to steal:

From Cleric list: Sanctuary, Aid, Warding Bond, Protection from Poison, Death Ward
From Warlock: Armor of Agathys
From Wwizard: False Life, Mage Armor, Jump, Mirror Image, See Invisibility, Blink, Nondetection, Fire Shield, Seeming, Crown of Stars, Mind Blank, Foresight

May not be exhaustive, I probably missed a few.

The Cats
2018-02-25, 02:42 PM
Let's have a look at non-concentration, non-self buff spells on the bard list...

Wow, that's a short list.

Yeah... I'm realizing this will be a more difficult concept to pull off than I'd hoped. Opened a new thread looking for general build advice. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?552026-Best-Buffer-Build&p=22873108#post22873108)