PDA

View Full Version : Artificier high elf

Satsujinki
2018-02-26, 06:45 AM
considering this homebrew: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6GeXkJY4hvfVEp1QXJCS3FVVjA/view
what feat would be good for a high elf mechanist of 6th level?
Stats as follow: 8 str 16 dex 15 con 16 in and 10 in wis and cha. I took elven accuracy to get int to 16 and have some utility, but considering the spell selection I was thinking about ritual caster or something similar...

A Fat Dragon
2018-02-26, 07:05 AM
I’d recommend picking up something like Spell Initiate to get some comnat-orientated cantrips, as Artifcers really lack a stable source of damage by themselves outside of the initial two skill trees. But, then you’d have to build Intelligence, which is probably better in the long run, as if I’m mistaken the Artificers lack any martial training besides that in Gunsmith, no?

So, perhaps Spell Initiate over Ritual Casting, if you’re willing to build Intelligence a bit more. If you have an idea for a weapon, or are just going to use cantrips like Guidance and Resistance on yourself and allies, and let your mech do the work, then Ritual Caster might be a nice addition if you already have those two cantrips.

Ooh, now I might want to build a support-cantrip using Artificer who let’s their mech do their dirty work. Like a gang-boss sort of deal. Make it a goblin as well.

Satsujinki
2018-02-26, 07:09 AM
That's what this artificier is about. I have a crossbow so I'll probably use that and maybe a rapier(being elf I think I can use it?)

A Fat Dragon
2018-02-26, 07:14 AM
Then picking up Ritual Caster might not be a bad thing. If you have any support spells you can cast as bonus actions (I apologize, I haven’t looked into those much) you may want to pick up crossbow expert, simply to remove the hassle of reloading, but if doesn’t mean much if you don’t have any good ways to spend your bonus action.

DarkKnightJin
2018-02-26, 07:26 AM
That's what this artificier is about. I have a crossbow so I'll probably use that and maybe a rapier(being elf I think I can use it?)

Drow get Rapier, High Elves do not. They get Shortsword, Longsword, Shortbow, and Longbow.
But if you're allowed to use the class, I'm pretty sure they'd let you pick Scimitar and Rapier instead of Short- and Longsword, respectively.
It's mostly fluff with most weapons, anyway.