PDA

View Full Version : Nonsomatic Chiurgeon

Cj304
2018-02-26, 11:56 AM
So I've been looking into making a niche class for story purposes, and stumbled upon the Nonsomatic Chiurgeon from Dragonmarked. I'm a little intrigued by the class, and the idea of making a poisonmaker who can turn entire cities into quarantine zones while pretending to be a doctor.

Has anyone played this class before, and if so, are there any tips? Favored base class to build off of? Is it worth it to take one level in Dragonmark Heir since the levels stack?

Or does anyone wanna brag about some of the stuff they pulled off, to give me an idea story-wise of what I can look forward to pulling off?

Falontani
2018-02-26, 12:05 PM
Nothing really that I can add as it's a class I have wanted to play but haven't gotten around to playing, one thing to remember is that they can turn one use of any spell like ability or spell into a use of an Inflict Spell that doesn't use negative energy and thus can be used on undead (and technically constructs that aren't immune to magic) of the same level. If you can find a way to get an at will spell like ability you have an at will inflict spell that gets around the things usually immune.

remetagross
2018-02-26, 12:08 PM
Someone a few threads ago mentioned the idea of using a Warlock's invocation (which is at-will) to power that specific class feature of the Nosomatic Chirurgeon. Also, it was used in the Villainous Competition XV as Pestilence, the horseman of the Apocalypse. Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=21287465&postcount=107):