PDA

View Full Version : Rod of Viscid Globs ... adding magical Weapon Special Abilities

Miss Disaster
2018-02-26, 01:13 PM
As a fan of the Rod of Viscid Globs (MIC p. 176), I'm curious if the Rod is considered a weapon for enhancement via magical Weapon Special Abilities. Granted, the Rod does not cause any damage. But it does have the line "the rod can fire a glob up to 100 feet, and a glob acts as a splash weapon."

If this is legal, I'd like to then go about finding some good Weapon Special Abilities to add to one ... that are appropriate for a Wizard. Yeah, it only has 3 charges, but its awesome range and touch attack mechanics are an ideal weapon vehicle for enhancements. Whether they be rider effects once the tanglefoot bag hits ... or perhaps always-on buffs for my wizard.

Thanks for your help!

Thurbane
2018-02-26, 04:17 PM
If the DM allowed you to enchant it as a weapon, you'd need to add a +1 before you added anything else.

Miss Disaster
2018-02-27, 10:22 AM
Thanks, Thurbane. I think by the RAW, this looks doable. I should also be able to rig up spending improvements on the Rod for levels. Especially by adding more charges. But mostly, I want an uber-cheapo usable weapon for my wizard for WSA stacking as I enter the higher levels.