PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Theurgic Bond Rules/ Animal Companion Rules

SilverWolf999
2018-02-26, 02:26 PM
In my current game I have a Dire wolf with 19 Hit dice because i am an arcane caster with the alternate class feature Animal Companion. I took the Obtain Familiar feat and the Theurgic Bond feat to get 3/2 * level effective druid level for my animal companion. I was wondering if i took the Wild Cohort feat and got another animal companion would the Theurgic bond feat affect that Animal Companion as well as my original or just one. If it only affects one of them could i them take the feat again to affect the other animal companion.

I am also curious, i saw a pattern in most possible Animal companions where the Hit-dice of the Animal Companion equals the effective druid level, so i was wondering if it is in the rules to take a Animal that is not on the list but is the same Hit-Dice as my effective Druid level. I wanna take a Roc as my second Animal Companion and since I could have an effective druid level of 19 could i take any animal with 18 Hit-Dice or less. Or does it have to be on the list?

Goaty14
2018-02-26, 10:22 PM
I was wondering if i took the Wild Cohort feat and got another animal companion would the Theurgic bond feat affect that Animal Companion as well as my original or just one. If it only affects one of them could i them take the feat again to affect the other animal companion.
See the 'special' section in the feat description. The feat only affects a single creature, and can be taken again for a different one.

I am also curious, i saw a pattern in most possible Animal companions where the Hit-dice of the Animal Companion equals the effective druid level, so i was wondering if it is in the rules to take a Animal that is not on the list but is the same Hit-Dice as my effective Druid level. I wanna take a Roc as my second Animal Companion and since I could have an effective druid level of 19 could i take any animal with 18 Hit-Dice or less. Or does it have to be on the list?

By RAW: You have to get one off of the list. There's an expanded list in a book somewhere (RotW, perhaps?), but anything else and you'd be sweet-talking your DM at that point.