PDA

View Full Version : Druid wild shape special abilities

Gorilla_grubb
2018-02-26, 07:16 PM
Hey everyone, I'm new to playing a druid and just have a few questions, my druid has aberration wild shape and wants to wild shape into a thoon elder brain for example and the thoon elder brain has spell like abilities like plane shift, charm monster and other things of that sort, would I be able to use any of those spell like abilities?

Hellpyre
2018-02-26, 08:39 PM
No. You don't gain any spell-like, supernatural, or extraordinary abilities of a form you wild shape into, unless an effect specifically tells you you can (like the Enhance Wild Shape spell or the Assume Supernatural Ability feat).

Also, if you have any questions regarding druids, I highly recommend perusing Eggynack's handbook. It is rather definitive, and Eggynack is often willing to answer questions pertaing to druids even if they aren't covered there.

Gorilla_grubb
2018-02-27, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the reply and the information and will look into that! :)

Crake
2018-02-27, 08:25 AM
No. You don't gain any spell-like, supernatural, or extraordinary abilities of a form you wild shape into, unless an effect specifically tells you you can (like the Enhance Wild Shape spell or the Assume Supernatural Ability feat).

Also, if you have any questions regarding druids, I highly recommend perusing Eggynack's handbook. It is rather definitive, and Eggynack is often willing to answer questions pertaing to druids even if they aren't covered there.

You do gain the extraordinary special attacks, but not the extraordinary special qualities.

Necroticplague
2018-02-27, 09:04 AM
Hey everyone, I'm new to playing a druid and just have a few questions, my druid has aberration wild shape and wants to wild shape into a thoon elder brain for example and the thoon elder brain has spell like abilities like plane shift, charm monster and other things of that sort, would I be able to use any of those spell like abilities?

No.

This ability functions like the alternate form special ability,
Which says, among other things,

The creature retains the spell-like abilities and supernatural attacks of its old form (except for breath weapons and gaze attacks). It does not gain the spell-like abilities or attacks of its new form.
For questions where basic reading can give answers, use the simple RAW thread stickied on this board next time.

Hellpyre
2018-02-27, 12:10 PM
You do gain the extraordinary special attacks, but not the extraordinary special qualities.

I considered editing that in, but decided it was probably a finer distinction than I needed to make. It is quite important, however, so I'm glad you brought it up.