PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Range/Debuff magus (spellslinger) Needs improving

Nosta
2018-02-26, 10:13 PM
I'd like help optimizing my build and changing the things that i can can change: (race is set in stone) Are a must except for the last level though i'd prefer to keep with magus class

first off I have gotten mix messages weather the two magus archetype i took actually stack.

the build thus far is as follows

CAIN schwarz lv 8

Human Spellslinger 1: Eldritch Archer - Hexcrafter 7:

INIT: 5 Sense: PERCEPTION +10
.................................................. ......................... .........................
Defense

AC 20 Touch 13 Flat 17

HP 66

FRT 9 REF 7 FRT 9
.................................................. ......................... .........................
OFFENSE

Speed 30FT

Melee: Dagger +1 +4(1D4-1 19-20/x2)
Ranged: Pistol +1 Reliable +10(!D8+1 20/x4)

Wizard spells Prepared (CL 1: Concentraction +6)

Magus spells Prepared (CL 7: Concentraction +12)

3rd (2/Day) Haste (DC 18) Ray Of Exhaustion (DC 18)
2nd (4/Day) Acid Arrow (DC 17) Mirror Image (DC 17) Scorching Ray (DC 17)
1st (6/Day) Color spray (DC 16) Feather Fall (DC 16) Ray of enfeeblement (DC 16) SnowBall (DC 16)

Statistics

str 7 dex 16 con 14 int 21 wis 10 cha 7

BAB +5 CMB +3 CMD 16

Skills Acro + 14 Craft-Gun +14 Fly +12 K-local +16 Ride +13 Sense motive +7 Stealth +11 SWM+13
UMD + 16

Special Abilities

Feats: Arcane strike/Gunsmithing/Intensifed spell/PBS/Precise shot/Rapid Reload/Rapid shot/ WF pistol

Arcane Gun / Arcane pool-(8) Knowledge pool/Medium Armor/ Mage Bullets/Ranged (Spell combat)
Ranged (Spell Strike) Flight Hex/ Arcane Acurracy / Accursed Strike

Equipment

30 X Cold Iron Ghost salt Bullets (Reload Free) 30 X Silver Ghost salt Bullets (Reload Free)
30 X Adamantine Ghost salt Bullet (Reload Free) 30 X Ghost salt Bullets (Reload Free
Solider Uniform X7 X8 cure Moderate Wound
Boots of Elvenkind Cloak of Resistance +2 Endless Bandiolier: Ring of susteance: wand 49 Cure Moderate wounds

most of the spells i took are debuffing spells

Kurald Galain
2018-02-27, 02:58 AM
Here you go (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?423754-Myrrh-Frankincense-and-Steel-Kurald-Galain-s-Guide-to-the-Magus).

Nosta
2018-02-27, 07:45 PM
@ Kurald: Thanks man

But im still not sure about somethings

as my feat selection is now , should i change it. I am primarily going for a range Debuffer. But i want a decent damage option to

I took Hexcrafter cause i love the image cursing some one with a shot from a magic pstol.

I Need advice on Feats and Arcana up to level 14

SaintNick
2018-02-27, 08:40 PM
If you're goal is to debuff an enemy then I'd suggest picking up the Reach Spell metamagic feat for spells like Frostbite and Bestow Curse. There are a number of good debuff touch spells available to a magus and being able to cast them through your gun would be helpful.

It is a bummer that Enforcer requires melee range or I'd suggest focusing on Intimidate + Cruel weapon for some nice additional debuffs. Though Dazzling Display could work since you have Weapon Focus already.

Is third-party content available?

Nosta
2018-02-27, 09:35 PM
If you're goal is to debuff an enemy then I'd suggest picking up the Reach Spell metamagic feat for spells like Frostbite and Bestow Curse. There are a number of good debuff touch spells available to a magus and being able to cast them through your gun would be helpful.

It is a bummer that Enforcer requires melee range or I'd suggest focusing on Intimidate + Cruel weapon for some nice additional debuffs. Though Dazzling Display could work since you have Weapon Focus already.

Is third-party content available?

yes third party is ok (but not the spheres book) sadly

SaintNick
2018-03-01, 12:27 AM
yes third party is ok (but not the spheres book) sadly

I've always been a fan of the Martial Training feat chain from Path of War. The stances, counters, and boosts can be very useful at times. Though on the downside it does eat a large number of your feats.