PDA

View Full Version : Psionics database?

InterstellarPro
2018-02-27, 10:07 AM
I am looking to create a psychic warrior who is the prescient warrior. He is able to anticipate his opponents strikes. Obviously, he will have powers like Precognition, Defensive, Offensive, and Prescience, Offensive. But, finding clairsentience powers requires me to go through each psychic warrior power individually and check the discipline it came from. Typically, I use imarvintpa.com for a spell database. Is there anything similar for psionics?

ApologyFestival
2018-02-27, 10:49 AM
http://www.psionics.info/

InterstellarPro
2018-02-27, 11:02 AM
http://www.psionics.info/

Awesome! Thanks! I did not see the filtering tools when I first looked at it.

InterstellarPro
2018-02-27, 11:18 AM
Now that I can see the pitiful selection of powers, the question becomes, where are the precognitive warrior powers? Where are the powers that let you become a warrior that anticipates your opponents' every move?

Sense Danger is awesome. The two precognition powers and the prescience power are awesome. But that's it? There are a total of 18 psychic warrior clairsentience powers.

Here is the breakdown by discipline for Psychic Warrior:
Clairsentience - 18
Metacreativity - 12
Psychokinesis - 21
Psychometabolism - 82
Psychoportation - 17
Telepathy - 15

So, half the powers are psychometabolism. That's just sad.

Aimeryan
2018-02-27, 11:55 AM
There are some re-roll type powers; Second Chance, Fate of One. Anticipatory Strike (RoD version way stronger) is a power that lets you immediately take your turn when you desire in the round. None of those are Psychic Warrior powers though; you generally have to use Expanded Knowledge feat or Tap Mantle with Substitute Powers ACF (debatable about whether limited to just Ardents or not) to get them.

Yeah, most Psychic Warrior powers are about changing your body in some way. They tend to be fairly meh outside of combat and they have limited power points.

I prefer to play Ardent as a gish with Substitute Powers ACF and Dominant Ideal ACF (usually on Freedom Mantle); you will have far more interesting things you can do and you wont be power point starved. The d6 hit die is easily countered with Vigor (especially is used in the Share Pain-Psicrystal combo). The only downside is the loss of feats, but you can grab more feats by multiclassing and taking Practiced Manifester to keep you Maximum Power Level Known the same (up to 4 levels).

InterstellarPro
2018-02-27, 12:34 PM
There are some re-roll type powers; Second Chance, Fate of One. Anticipatory Strike (RoD version way stronger) is a power that lets you immediately take your turn when you desire in the round. None of those are Psychic Warrior powers though; you generally have to use Expanded Knowledge feat or Tap Mantle with Substitute Powers ACF (debatable about whether limited to just Ardents or not) to get them.

Yeah, most Psychic Warrior powers are about changing your body in some way. They tend to be fairly meh outside of combat and they have limited power points.

I prefer to play Ardent as a gish with Substitute Powers ACF and Dominant Ideal ACF (usually on Freedom Mantle); you will have far more interesting things you can do and you wont be power point starved. The d6 hit die is easily countered with Vigor (especially is used in the Share Pain-Psicrystal combo). The only downside is the loss of feats, but you can grab more feats by multiclassing and taking Practiced Manifester to keep you Maximum Power Level Known the same (up to 4 levels).

That's a great idea. Thank you. Still sad that the psychic warrior is so one-dimensional. It is a great class otherwise.

MaxiDuRaritry
2018-02-27, 01:38 PM
You may want to invest in some time manipulation powers, as well. Synchronicity and Linked Power are both excellent for this (and are even better together, to the point of being rather cheesy), and they're easily nabbed by even lower level psychic warriors. Look up psionic action economy breakage and pick the methods that work well for you.

Here are a couple of links to get you started.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?246148-Psionic-action-economy-breakage-quot-it-s-my-turn-until-I-run-out-of-pp-quot-answered

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?153088-Breaking-action-economy

Don't forget that you can gain new powers in a few ways. Expanded Knowledge and Hidden Talent to expend a feat for a power. The mantled warrior ACF to gain a mantle for several powers (and the ardent ACF to select the powers on your mantles). And you can also buy powers known via the psychic chirurgery power. There're also power stones and dorjes for powers that are on your class's power list but that you don't have as powers known. There are a few other ways, such as touching another character to treat them as a power stone, but those are the main ones.