PDA

View Full Version : Western Heartlands, Bandits, Help?

Stormcrow
2007-08-28, 06:44 PM
Basically I'm running a campaign starting in a few weeks that centers around banditry in the Western Heartlands of Faerun. To clarify, the PCs are some of these bandits.

The party consists of;
2x Lvl 6 Rogue
1x Lvl 6 Favoured Soul of Mask
1x Lvl 6 Ninja

Basically other than robbing caravans and whenching in near by towns I need some more challenges for them to overcome and combat. Obviously straight out fights are out, no tank to be found here.

Ultimately It'll be a Serpent War style conscription into special service. But I want some nice banditry beforehand.

Help?

BRC
2007-08-28, 06:49 PM
It looks like youve gotten some decent sneakyness in there, maybe some stealth-based objectives.

MrNexx
2007-08-28, 10:16 PM
Where in the Western Heartlands will they be based? If they're in the west part (near the Sword Coast), they've got to worry about the Flaming Fist. Near the center, they've got to worry about Lord Dhelt's Hellrider's out of Elturel. On the east side of the Western Heartlands, near Berdusk, the Harpers might hire people to get involved.

Figure what they're looking for, what kind of caravans they're going for. In the Western Heartlands, they're moving stuff between the Sea of Fallen Stars and the Sword Coast. Figure who's going to be going for that, too.

Renegade Paladin
2007-08-28, 10:38 PM
Have the Hellriders run 'em over. That'll be all kinds of fun for the whole family. :smallamused:

Stormcrow
2007-08-28, 10:43 PM
They are opperating out of an area near the Cloakwood at this stage so I suppose thats the western coast. Who are the flaming fist?

Renegade Paladin
2007-08-28, 11:14 PM
Only the largest mercenary company in Faerun. They're based out of Baldur's Gate, and serve as its city guard.

Ralfarius
2007-08-28, 11:39 PM
The FLAMING FIST? THEY ARE THE LAW!

MrNexx
2007-08-28, 11:52 PM
They are opperating out of an area near the Cloakwood at this stage so I suppose thats the western coast. Who are the flaming fist?

The Flaming Fist are a large mercenary company based out of Baldur's Gate. They're the city guard of Baldur's Gate, and tend to be regarded as lawmen along the Sword Coast, from Nashkell, north to the Troll Hills.

The Cloak Wood is likely dealing with caravans to and from Beregost and Candlekeep, and possibly up from the Cloud Peaks.