PDA

View Full Version : Fortnite Thread II - Royale With Cheese

noctum
2018-02-27, 02:26 PM
So Fortnite has blown up since the previous forum existed mainly around the Battle Royale mode that has overtaken its primary competitor (at least on twitch). Been playing it alot lately with the people I can't get to sit down and d&d and I'm surprised how much I like it. I don't typically like twitchy shooters, but the exploring/squad aspect of it really entices me. The PvE looks pretty fun to me as well, I'm considering throwing down money on it. I bought the battle pass in PvP and did blunder my way into a duos win with my buddy. Anyone still playing the PvE of this game, or maybe even the PvP?

Jama7301
2018-02-27, 02:29 PM
I have it installed, but haven't updated it in awhile. I like it well enough, and it runs better than PUBG on my laptop

noctum
2018-02-28, 10:33 AM
I have it installed, but haven't updated it in awhile. I like it well enough, and it runs better than PUBG on my laptop

Yeah, it runs better on all devices for me as well. I think its the Unreal Engine underneath it. I'm kind of an Epic fanboy as I use the engine in some capacity professionally. That said I think the game is legitimately more interesting, and the free to play is pretty fair I think.

They just dropped their sale on the starter edition unfortunately :/. I shoulda bought it when I had the chance.

NRSASD
2018-02-28, 11:18 AM
The PvE is a lot of fun with friends, but kinda sucks with randos. Unfortunately the game seems to get rather grindy past a certain point, and my friends and I wandered off. I got super busy in real life and I think my friends lost 6 hours of progress to a really bad bug that was later fixed.

That being said, it is really entertaining. The exploring, figuring out the best fort design for the terrain, and dealing with weird weather phenomena all really work well together. We played the closed beta and another 30-40 hours of the actual game afterwards. It was our go to game for about 3 months. While it has free-to-play elements like lootboxes, they never feel onerous and the game is quite generous with its store currency. Always save until you have 1000 though!

SmallAnt
2018-03-14, 11:56 AM
Both Fortnite and the better version, or PUBG are great games.
I've been playing for three months and playing solo I'm bored, I play the tweet with my friends