PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Races: Kitsune and Inugami

Nykolo
2018-02-27, 03:20 PM
I decided to homebrew two races for a DM's Guild entry.

They are coming along well, but I need some extra opinions. What do you think so far?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Fm9-dsw7GFpKz2c2gDCq_BoAlc2DCbV9-yO9vkSaThk/edit

Darkship
2018-03-16, 07:03 AM
Hey i would recommend changing the kitsunes shapechange to a possession if you want to be folklore accurate.Folklore kitsunes possession only effected woman and the woman must have their fingernails or chest exposed.

nickl_2000
2018-03-16, 08:09 AM
Added some comments in the document itself.

Morphic tide
2018-03-16, 12:18 PM
Hey i would recommend changing the kitsunes shapechange to a possession if you want to be folklore accurate.Folklore kitsunes possession only effected woman and the woman must have their fingernails or chest exposed.

That's one version of the Kitsune folklore, and probably a particularly old version. The shapeshifting is sometimes an extension of the illusion skills, sometimes something entirely separate, but possession is not the common, modern, interpretation.

Darkship
2018-03-16, 07:55 PM
That's one version of the Kitsune folklore, and probably a particularly old version. The shapeshifting is sometimes an extension of the illusion skills, sometimes something entirely separate, but possession is not the common, modern, interpretation.

Ah i've mainly heard of kitsunes by word of mouth maybe make it a deception style variant of the race.