PDA

View Full Version : Torchwood's Elite Crew [IC]

JNAProductions
2018-02-28, 12:37 AM
The building burns gently behind you. You feel like you should smoke-not that you'd ever willing inhale toxins like that, it just feels right. You got what you needed. Now time to use it, and...

Your phone rings.

I'd like you to come visit. As soon as possible.

*Click!*

Abrupt as always. But hey, at least you didn't have to talk this time.

You're in the middle of a photoshoot when the call comes in. Your agent comes over, insisting you put the phone down, and you're about to do it... But you see the number. Or, more accurately, you don't. And you don't get spam calls. Torchwood makes sure of that. So when you get a no-number call...

You brush your agent off, call for a short break, and answer your phone.

I'd like you to visit. As soon as possible.

*Click!*

Abrupt as always. But it's probably important.

The class is writing quietly. It's not a test-nothing quite THAT important. But it's important for them to do this work, so you can move on with the lesson. But then, suddenly, a phone rings. You're about to gently berate your student when you realize, wait, that's your phone. You let your students know you'll only be a moment, and step out to answer it.

I'd like you to visit. As soon as possible.

*Click!*

Abrupt as always. But considering the message... Maybe best to get a TA to fill in. You might be gone a while.

Back home, at last. The Swiss Alps, a cool, calm, and utterly peaceful place.

Your phone would ring... If you bothered to keep it. But why would you? It would do nothing but disturb your peace, and-

I'd like you to come visit. As soon as possible. There's a chopper halfway up the mountain coming to get you.

-and that damnable woman just had to interrupt it anyway. Stupid telepathy... But at the same time, Torchwood has done enough for you, the least you can do is hear her out. Besides, they know you only take certain jobs. It better be up to par...

You can all quite easily arrange for transportation to Torchwood. You've got money to spare to buy plane tickets, rent private jets, whatever you need, as well as your own tools to move around. Do what you need/want to in your scene, then we'll have everyone meet up at HQ.

Illven
2018-02-28, 01:37 AM
Rebecca for her part immediately starts checking her phone for any new numbers, before pinching her wrist, something her therapist told her to stop obsession.

One more check couldn't hurt right....

Hey, I'm going to need to go. She adds to her agent. Family emergency. She adds, checking her phone again.

Deception [roll0]

JNAProductions
2018-02-28, 01:38 AM
"Oh. Well, hope everything's okay-what should I tell the news?" Rebecca's agent asks.

Illven
2018-02-28, 01:45 AM
Tell them that I am taking some personal time to myself. No reason to bring my family into the mix. Rebecca adds.

miinstrel
2018-02-28, 08:40 AM
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/6a/29/c3/6a29c3af78e4ddf47366bd48c4b73bd7--fantasy-pictures-awesome-costumes.jpg
Kataigida (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1506999)
11th lvl Storm Sorcerer / 6th lvl Ancients Paladin
Resistances: Cold, Fire, Lightning, Thunder
Immunities: Poison, Disease
Advantage: Concentration, stealth, Saves vs spells
Senses: Darkvision 120 ft, PP 20
AC: 36 | Init. +7

Wearing nothing but the white robes and mask, the rest of his belongings stuffed into the bag dangling near his tailbone, Kataigida almost blends into the winter landscape. It had been too long, peaceful time for himself was important after so many years alone. Perched on a stump looking out at the vast emptiness of his mountain home, he startled at the voice in his head... still wasn't used to it. He didn't reply, but she was used to that.

He turned around and looked up the rocky terrain. The *whump whump whump* was already audible through the wind. If they're coming anyway I might as well get one run in... Unfurling the weather-worn carpet he sets it on the snow and slides smoothly down the mountain cutting in and out of the banks. The helicopter was on his tail after a minute or two and eventually picked him up on a small plateau.

Hopping inside, Kataigida sits with crisscrossed legs on the seat and fiddles with a small piece of fir, the jagged blade removing shards here and there as the sculpture within begins to take shape. The copilot kept glancing back at Kataigida until he found a pair of dark eyes staring back into the mirror. It was a quiet flight.

JNAProductions
2018-02-28, 01:23 PM
Tell them that I am taking some personal time to myself. No reason to bring my family into the mix. Rebecca adds.

"Alright. Hope everything's okay," he responds.

You head out of the building, getting in your car and heading for the airport. You have places to be.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/6a/29/c3/6a29c3af78e4ddf47366bd48c4b73bd7--fantasy-pictures-awesome-costumes.jpg

Wearing nothing but the white robes and mask, the rest of his belongings stuffed into the bag dangling near his tailbone, Kataigida almost blends into the winter landscape. It had been too long, peaceful time for himself was important after so many years alone. Perched on a stump looking out at the vast emptiness of his mountain home, he startled at the voice in his head... still wasn't used to it. He didn't reply, but she was used to that.

He turned around and looked up the rocky terrain. The *whump whump whump* was already audible through the wind. If they're coming anyway I might as well get one run in... Unfurling the weather-worn carpet he sets it on the snow and slides smoothly down the mountain cutting in and out of the banks. The helicopter was on his tail after a minute or two and eventually picked him up on a small plateau.

Hopping inside, Kataigida sits with crisscrossed legs on the seat and fiddles with a small piece of fir, the jagged blade removing shards here and there as the sculpture within begins to take shape. The copilot kept glancing back at Kataigida until he found a pair of dark eyes staring back into the mirror. It was a quiet flight.

Soon enough, the helicopter is landing near the closest airport. You can see a minor ruckus-it seems a flight has been delayed, despite the weather being clear. Looks like Torchwood arranged for you to not miss your flight.

miinstrel
2018-02-28, 02:39 PM

Disembarking from the helicopter he pauses for a moment on the tarmac and stares at the jet. Creatures weren't meant to travel this fast. You lose the joy of the journey at 700 MPH. And everyone was always in such a rush, especially Torchwood... He takes a deep breath tarnished with fuel fumes and climbs the stairs to the fuselage, removing his mask and placing it in his bag on the way up. He'd learned on a previous flight this was a necessity as standing from his seat with the mask on sent the horn plunging into the luggage compartment overhead.

It was only a two hour flight, but the stewardess' slow service made the already anxious ride worse. Unable to wait any longer, Kataigida reaches his hand forward and a can of Coca Cola removes itself from the drink cart and floats to his seat a few rows back. He drinks the bubbly nectar greedily, finishing the can before the flight attendant arrives and requests another.

He contorts his face at a child across the aisle using his magic to create some truly comical and alternatingly horrific faces, the caffeine rush giving an unnatural energy to the performance.

Illven
2018-02-28, 03:15 PM
Rebecca felt a little guilty about lying to the man. Especially about something so serious. But it was the first thing she could think of.

At the airport, the worst part was having to turn off the phone. As much as she know the odds were low, she didn't want to turn it off and then have Rachel call.

Well... She was alot more likely to text anyway... Still as soon as the plane was in air. Rebecca immediately popped the phone on.

JNAProductions
2018-02-28, 03:38 PM

Disembarking from the helicopter he pauses for a moment on the tarmac and stares at the jet. Creatures weren't meant to travel this fast. You lose the joy of the journey at 700 MPH. And everyone was always in such a rush, especially Torchwood... He takes a deep breath tarnished with fuel fumes and climbs the stairs to the fuselage, removing his mask and placing it in his bag on the way up. He'd learned on a previous flight this was a necessity as standing from his seat with the mask on sent the horn plunging into the luggage compartment overhead.

It was only a two hour flight, but the stewardess' slow service made the already anxious ride worse. Unable to wait any longer, Kataigida reaches his hand forward and a can of Coca Cola removes itself from the drink cart and floats to his seat a few rows back. He drinks the bubbly nectar greedily, finishing the can before the flight attendant arrives and requests another.

He contorts his face at a child across the aisle using his magic to create some truly comical and alternatingly horrific faces, the caffeine rush giving an unnatural energy to the performance.

The baby starts laughing when Kataigida makes his funny face, but then begins crying when he switches to horrifying. The mother, a woman dressed in casual clothing and looking at her phone, looks over to where Kataigida is sitting. "What are you doing?" she asks, holding her child close.

Rebecca felt a little guilty about lying to the man. Especially about something so serious. But it was the first thing she could think of.

At the airport, the worst part was having to turn off the phone. As much as she know the odds were low, she didn't want to turn it off and then have Rachel call.

Well... She was alot more likely to text anyway... Still as soon as the plane was in air. Rebecca immediately popped the phone on.

Hey, who is this?

Also, thanks for the dress! It fits really well, although I had to explain to my mom that no, I'm not being stalked.

Right?

miinstrel
2018-02-28, 05:01 PM

Kataigida looks inquisitively at the mother for a moment. Faces are what you do at human babies, right? I'm sure I learned that somewhere...

He repeats the performance for mom though with decidedly less gusto, the improvisational element having waned. If she looks upset he offers her the Biscoff cookie as an apology. Decidedly less happy with the situation after the minor scolding, Kataigida closes his eyes and focuses on the air around the plane, converting the currents into a tailwind to rocket the vessel that much more quickly to their destination.

Illven
2018-02-28, 06:15 PM
Rebecca immediately got a giddy heedy feel as she fumbles over her phone.

Ruight niow you aren't being stalked iyt's ju8st me. Im you might know me, mu name is Rebecca Huimura.

Before wincing right after her her eager fingers hit the enter button.

Right, no you aren't being stalked. I saw you on Youtube Stargirl89. You might know me, I'm Rebecca Himura. (This time she takes a picture and sends it.)

emduck
2018-02-28, 07:01 PM
Maho suppresses a grin and snags her least hapless TA. Excellent timing, for once.

"The notes for next time in my desk," she says, stuffing her phone back into her pocket and taking her office key off its loop. "You may need them. And for the problem sets--don't let them get away with saying they'll just sequence everything." She absently pats down her pockets, making sure she's not missing anything important. "Any questions?"

JNAProductions
2018-02-28, 07:12 PM

Kataigida looks inquisitively at the mother for a moment. Faces are what you do at human babies, right? I'm sure I learned that somewhere...

He repeats the performance for mom though with decidedly less gusto, the improvisational element having waned. If she looks upset he offers her the Biscoff cookie as an apology. Decidedly less happy with the situation after the minor scolding, Kataigida closes his eyes and focuses on the air around the plane, converting the currents into a tailwind to rocket the vessel that much more quickly to their destination.

The mother harumphs and looks the other way, as the plane starts to take off.

Rebecca immediately got a giddy heedy feel as she fumbles over her phone.

Ruight niow you aren't being stalked iyt's ju8st me. Im you might know me, mu name is Rebecca Huimura.

Before wincing right after her her eager fingers hit the enter button.

Right, no you aren't being stalked. I saw you on Youtube Stargirl89. You might know me, I'm Rebecca Himura. (This time she takes a picture and sends it.)

Ha, not a good texter, are you?

And that’s a nice name. No idea who you are, though. But I love your look! It’s great!

Maho suppresses a grin and snags her least hapless TA. Excellent timing, for once.

"The notes for next time in my desk," she says, stuffing her phone back into her pocket and taking her office key off its loop. "You may need them. And for the problem sets--don't let them get away with saying they'll just sequence everything." She absently pats down her pockets, making sure she's not missing anything important. "Any questions?"

“Um, I don’t think so,” the TA responds. “Where are you going, though?”

emduck
2018-02-28, 07:52 PM
"Oh, you know," Maho says vaguely. "Fieldwork." It isn't not true.

A quick stop at the office and then home to grab a few essentials. Most of the important stuff is at Torchwood anyway. She buys a somewhat optimistic ticket in the cab--and anyway, the next option is six hours later, or asking Hamid for his jet--and hops one-footed out of security while trying to tie her shoe, put away her computer, and make it to the gate in time, all while fuming over the loss of her coffee. "I'll show you liquids, gels, and aerosols," she mutters to herself. Used to be you just flashed your ticket and on you went. She should have gone for the jet.

Illven
2018-02-28, 09:20 PM
Rebecca drew back from the phone. She could get into practically any party just on her name alone.

Did this girl live under a rock.

Oh. I'm a professional model. [She includes links to her wikipedia page, and some modelling researchers.

JNAProductions
2018-02-28, 10:25 PM
"Oh, you know," Maho says vaguely. "Fieldwork." It isn't not true.

A quick stop at the office and then home to grab a few essentials. Most of the important stuff is at Torchwood anyway. She buys a somewhat optimistic ticket in the cab--and anyway, the next option is six hours later, or asking Hamid for his jet--and hops one-footed out of security while trying to tie her shoe, put away her computer, and make it to the gate in time, all while fuming over the loss of her coffee. "I'll show you liquids, gels, and aerosols," she mutters to herself. Used to be you just flashed your ticket and on you went. She should have gone for the jet.

Soon enough, Maho is on the way towards HQ.

Rebecca drew back from the phone. She could get into practically any party just on her name alone.

Did this girl live under a rock.

Oh. I'm a professional model. [She includes links to her wikipedia page, and some modelling researchers.

Oh. Cool! I don't really follow fashion, you know, I just listen to my friends when it comes to style.

Illven
2018-03-01, 01:14 AM
Rebecca chuckles, before focusing on herself.

Subtle casting enhance ability charisma

Well your friends have wonderful taste! :)

And with that she sends the friend request to facebook

JNAProductions
2018-03-01, 05:44 PM
Cool. I'll add you when I get home-about to start class rn.

We'll meet at Torchwood... As soon as Avatarvecna posts.

Illven
2018-03-01, 05:49 PM
Right, right. Can't wait! Rebecca replies.

Becca will spend the hour and a half to two hours, to try and spruce up her profile.

2018-03-01, 07:50 PM
The building burns gently behind you. You feel like you should smoke-not that you'd ever willing inhale toxins like that, it just feels right. You got what you needed. Now time to use it, and...

Your phone rings.

I'd like you to come visit. As soon as possible.

*Click!*

Abrupt as always. But hey, at least you didn't have to talk this time.

Freeman sighs briefly, before trudging back into the burning building. Maybe one of the cars had survived the firefight...

JNAProductions
2018-03-01, 08:02 PM
A little time passes. One-by-one, you make your way to Torchwood HQ, and are brought to just outside Rose's office. From within, you hear her talking with Victoria.

"I'm telling you, they're going to need help!"

I don't believe you. More than that, who would we send?

"You know exactly who-"

You are NOT going out into the field again! How many times have I told you that your job is here, in headquarters, and not out there?

"Not enough, I guess."

Just go. Train, if you need to get your panties untwisted.

The door slams open, and a glowering Victoria stalks out. She doesn't take notice of you all as she heads into the hall.

Come in, please, Rose calls out. You all come in, taking seats if you feel the need. Six is standing near the back of the room, sunglasses on (as always) and keeping a cool demeanor as you all file in.

I won't mince words. You all know how Umbrella has been less-than-active, in the past few years, but now... Rose says. They've been biding their time. We should've seen it, but there's always other things going on, so we just took it as good fortune. Half of our European outposts have been taken down by bio-attacks, among other things, and nearly a quarter of our US bases are similarly down. Numbers like that apply all over the globe. Quite simply put, we can't allow an assault like this to go unanswered. We've never dedicated the manpower we needed to take down Umbrella before, since it would leave us too short-handed elsewhere, but today? That changes. We've already started gathering the needed personnel for handling the various other pieces of Umbrella, but we need a team to cut off the head. Wesker.

Wesker is, according to our reconnaissance, currently returning from London to Raccoon city. Raccoon city is, in case anyone didn't read the casefile, a warzone of zombies and worse. Naturally, that's where Umbrella's true power lays. Your job is to go in, eliminate Wesker and anything else Umbrella needs to operate. Understood?

2018-03-01, 08:05 PM
A little time passes. One-by-one, you make your way to Torchwood HQ, and are brought to just outside Rose's office. From within, you hear her talking with Victoria.

"I'm telling you, they're going to need help!"

I don't believe you. More than that, who would we send?

"You know exactly who-"

You are NOT going out into the field again! How many times have I told you that your job is here, in headquarters, and not out there?

"Not enough, I guess."

Just go. Train, if you need to get your panties untwisted.

The door slams open, and a glowering Victoria stalks out. She doesn't take notice of you all as she heads into the hall.

Come in, please, Rose calls out. You all come in, taking seats if you feel the need. Six is standing near the back of the room, sunglasses on (as always) and keeping a cool demeanor as you all file in.

I won't mince words. You all know how Umbrella has been less-than-active, in the past few years, but now... Rose says. They've been biding their time. We should've seen it, but there's always other things going on, so we just took it as good fortune. Half of our European outposts have been taken down by bio-attacks, among other things, and nearly a quarter of our US bases are similarly down. Numbers like that apply all over the globe. Quite simply put, we can't allow an assault like this to go unanswered. We've never dedicated the manpower we needed to take down Umbrella before, since it would leave us too short-handed elsewhere, but today? That changes. We've already started gathering the needed personnel for handling the various other pieces of Umbrella, but we need a team to cut off the head. Wesker.

Wesker is, according to our reconnaissance, currently returning from London to Raccoon city. Raccoon city is, in case anyone didn't read the casefile, a warzone of zombies and worse. Naturally, that's where Umbrella's true power lays. Your job is to go in, eliminate Wesker and anything else Umbrella needs to operate. Understood?

Freeman nods. "Understood."

Illven
2018-03-01, 08:08 PM
What bio attacks, they may have an even easier time deploying them on their own territory,
so we need to be prepared. Rebecca remarks.

JNAProductions
2018-03-01, 08:11 PM
Shikamaru has extra equipment in the lab for you all, Rose replies. Fundamentally, it's a gas mask, but a touch better than what they use anywhere else. And, apparently, Shurri is borrowing some of her tech from Wakanda to make ordinary clothes, or whatever you'd wear into battle, sealable against toxins.

Illven
2018-03-01, 08:17 PM
Shikamaru has extra equipment in the lab for you all, Rose replies. Fundamentally, it's a gas mask, but a touch better than what they use anywhere else. And, apparently, Shurri is borrowing some of her tech from Wakanda to make ordinary clothes, or whatever you'd wear into battle, sealable against toxins.

I'm guessing I'll need to cover up? Rebecca adds, dropping her gaze to her low cut dress.

*sigh* Time to put the armor on again. She says starting to get up.

emduck
2018-03-01, 09:08 PM

Maho nods from her place by the door.

"Do we have any intel on the 'worse?'"

miinstrel
2018-03-02, 08:35 AM

Kataigida perches on a chair, crouched down with his arms dangling limply off his bent knees. They'd spoken of Umbrella several times over his tenure here, and he was excited to finally be doing something about it. "Why didn't we go after him in London?"

JNAProductions
2018-03-02, 12:26 PM
He was meeting with Blackwatch, Rose says distastefully, and we don't want them on our asses right now as well.

miinstrel
2018-03-03, 04:21 PM

Kataigida replies with a grunt of acknowledgement and disdain. He didn't care for the USA, too busy. Too many constantly moving pieces. Rose's silence about Maho's question indicated either they didn't know or it was far worse than she cared to say, neither of which would surprise him. Torchwood was a secretive bunch. He stands and begins to follow Rebecca out of the room toward the armory as they'd done many times before. "See you in a few days," he says to Rose as he turns.

JNAProductions
2018-03-03, 04:28 PM
You all head for the armoury, where Shikamaru waves you in, the door sliding open at his gesture. Shurri is within, putting the last touches on four necklaces, each one a relatively thick cord of simple weave.

"How goes it?" Shikamaru asks. "Shurri's real proud of these. Did it all herself!"

"Please," she says. "I developed this for T'Challa over a year ago. It was a simple matter to convert it for Torchwood's use. These necklaces contain a microfiber weave, with sensors that will automatically detect toxins and seal themselves against it. The microfiber is clear, allowing you to see through, and with the touch of a button, it will cover your entire body, making you virtually immune to gaseous attacks."

"And these," Shikamaru says, gesturing to where four small spheres sit on a table, "are the latest and greatest respirators. They're a bit awkward to, ah, install, but once they're in, they'll let you breathe for over an hour without any outside influence. They recycle your own breath, making it breathable again, though the process is not perfect. To use them... Well, you kinda got to swallow them, but with breath instead of real swallowing. We could do surgery to implant them, but I figure this was easier..."

Illven
2018-03-03, 06:41 PM
So we've got to worm this down our throat? Rebecca remarks.

My agent's going to be dissapointed if he ever finds out he didn't know about this.

JNAProductions
2018-03-04, 12:07 PM
"Eat-or breathe-up!" Shikamaru says, gesturing to the respirators. "Once that's done, head for the hangar. There's a vehicle waiting for you. Now, to our knowledge, Raccoon city has no anti-air defenses, so we can either drop you directly on Umbrella's main base, but if we do that, you'll have to deal with them calling up reinforcements from outside. We're pretty sure they have rudimentary control over the zombies and whatnot, so they could horde them up to your location. Or, we can drop you on the edge, and let you fight your way in. More time to get to the base, but less zombies to deal with when you do."

Time skip to Raccoon city?

Also, if anyone has an idea for a third option, don't feel restrained by the two Shikamaru gave.

Illven
2018-03-04, 03:55 PM
Would maybe going invisible work? Rebecca asks as she fiddles with her phone.

That way we can just drop from the sky.

Checking her facebook.

2018-03-04, 07:47 PM
Freeman briefly debated just relying on his suit's environmental sealing, but eventually decided it was better to be safe than sorry, and also that his tolerance for weird **** had gone up significantly in recent times. After breathing the thing into him (and getting used to the feeling...as much as he could), he considered strategies.

"We get in quick, take down Wesker before he can escape, and then deal with the aftermath," he says firmly, before returning to his more standard taciturn demeanor.

emduck
2018-03-04, 08:32 PM
Maho takes hers in one sharp breath.

"Sounds good to me," she says. She's normally more of the slow-and-steady persuasion, but for Wesker...well, she'll make an exception. "The aftermath" is certainly going to be something, though--it always seems to work out that way. She cracks her neck--damned plane rides--and gets ready to head out with the others.

JNAProductions
2018-03-04, 11:40 PM
Nothing yet.

After just a few minutes more of prep, you head for the hangar. One of Torchwood's sleek and powerful jets awaits you. The pilot is standing just outside the plane, and nods as you approach. "Got a parachute for each of you in there. Stealth field on the plane, so they shouldn't see us come in, though once you exit the jet, it's on you to stay hidden. Get in, buckle up, and let's move."

Once you're all in, the jet's engines begin to roar. Soon, you're flying high through the sky (not that you can see anything-windows are a security hazard in a vehicle like this, for passengers). There's a simple digital clock in the wall, counting down. You've got forty minutes till the drop point.

miinstrel
2018-03-05, 03:19 PM

Kataigida gives an affirmative nod to Freeman's suggestion. "Strike at the head first," he confirms.
Sucking the marble into his lungs was trickier than he expected, and it felt... wrong... in there. As he moved he could almost feel it rolling around inside as they approached the hangar.

Declining the parachute, Kataigida hops on board the aircraft and unfurls his carpet, sitting quietly on the floor amidst the others. "Think he knows we're coming?"

emduck
2018-03-05, 05:33 PM
Maho buckles herself in carefully. There was no need for a repeat of the Jeju incident.

"I wouldn't put it past him," she says. She cracks her knuckles absently as she thinks. "Does anyone need help not being seen?

miinstrel
2018-03-05, 05:46 PM

"If we're trying to enter entirely unseen then I will need assistance. I can only hide my form for about a minute... but what a good minute that is."

2018-03-05, 06:26 PM
Maho buckles herself in carefully. There was no need for a repeat of the Jeju incident.

"I wouldn't put it past him," she says. She cracks her knuckles absently as she thinks. "Does anyone need help not being seen?

Freeman, clad in his hazard orange HEV Suit, snickered a bit and rapped his weapon hard against one of the plates. "Impact detected," came the expected reply of the suit's fairly limited monitoring systems.

"I'm okay at sneaking while outside my suit, but it takes forever to get in and out. If your magic can solve the visual and auditory noise it creates, it'd certainly make infiltrating this place undetected much easier."

emduck
2018-03-05, 06:44 PM
Maho finishes cracking her knuckles and examines her ragged fingernails critically for a moment.

"I can make you invisible, or make you harder to see and hear. But not both."

I can cast pass without trace, or upcast (regular) invisibility enough to cover all of us, but invis won't help with noise and they're both concentration.

miinstrel
2018-03-05, 08:08 PM
"Is it even possible to silence the footfalls of that suit?" Kataigida inquires of Freeman. Every movement seemed to whizz and whir with hydraulics and other mechanical tricks.

JNAProductions
2018-03-05, 09:07 PM
The clock ticks down. Best figure out a plan soon.

Let me know when you have a solid plan, and then you can drop.

Illven
2018-03-05, 10:08 PM
I could also polymorph you into a small creature temporarily. Rebecca offered of Freedmen.

JNAProductions
2018-03-08, 09:37 AM
The clock ticks down to zero. The door opens, and you all leap out, using whatever method you chose to stop the fall. Regardless of how you slow your descent, you don't trigger it until you're quite low down-no sense being spotted prematurely. The landing spot is a large craggy area, where you can drop down safely and be out of sight for a few minutes of prep.

Those of you using parachutes, give me an Athletics check. DC 18 means you land spot on, no harm. DC 12 mean you land spot on, but a bit hard-take 1d6 falling damage. Less than DC 12 means one of two things:

For each four points you fail by, you take an additional 1d6 falling damage, rounding up. (So, a 10 would have you take 2d6.)
Or, you take half falling damage, but land above the crag, and might be spotted before you have prep time. (So, a 10 would have you take 1d6 damage, and a 7 would have you take 1d6+1d3.)

miinstrel
2018-03-10, 10:41 AM

Falling through the night air was exhilarating, akin to soaring down the mountainside in his homeland. As the others deploy their parachutes, Kataigida relishes the whistling winds for a few moments longer before commanding his carpet to slow the descent. With heavy thuds and bruised legs the others crash into the craggy ground while the tiefling settles gently, hovering a few inches above the rocks. In a seated posture, he ascends easily to the edge of the small gulley and peeks his head out to see what lie between them and Umbrella HQ. Focusing his mind on the nature of evil, he also assesses if there are any immediate threats in the area.

Do you need a perception here? [roll0]

Also using a Divine Sense to see if there are any undead/fiends/celestials within 60' of me

Illven
2018-03-10, 03:33 PM
Rebecca let out a silent yelp as she felt her ankle roll on the ground beneath her. Oh did that smart.

How are we looking? She mouths up to the other scion of the storm.

emduck
2018-03-10, 05:20 PM
Maho hits the ground with a thud. She stays there and fumes for a few seconds before climbing to her feet and brushing herself off, patting down her pockets to make sure everything is still where it should be.

When that's done, she looks around for the others. When she spots Kataigida, she heads over to wait with him.

JNAProductions
2018-03-10, 07:03 PM

Falling through the night air was exhilarating, akin to soaring down the mountainside in his homeland. As the others deploy their parachutes, Kataigida relishes the whistling winds for a few moments longer before commanding his carpet to slow the descent. With heavy thuds and bruised legs the others crash into the craggy ground while the tiefling settles gently, hovering a few inches above the rocks. In a seated posture, he ascends easily to the edge of the small gulley and peeks his head out to see what lie between them and Umbrella HQ. Focusing his mind on the nature of evil, he also assesses if there are any immediate threats in the area.

Do you need a perception here? [roll0]

Also using a Divine Sense to see if there are any undead/fiends/celestials within 60' of me

None within that short range. While there's probably zombies that close, they're pharmaceutical zombies, not magic ones.

2018-03-11, 04:58 AM
Freeman wasn't used to falling nearly so far, but the fear clenching his gut as he looked to the ground far below didn't shake him. He kept his descent carefully controlled and soon enough came to a nice soft landing.

miinstrel
2018-03-11, 09:51 AM

"Seems clear," Kat replies, trusting in his honed senses. "Who knows what saw us descend though. We should move quickly. Maho, a little darkness for the journey?"

Once the others have detached their chutes and prepared he leads the way, racing silently along the ground toward their target, a wary eye glancing around for an ambush.

JNAProductions
2018-03-11, 11:03 AM
The main base is some 100' away. You'd best make preparations to sneak in quickly.

What buffs are up right now? ANd what do you want to cast before moving on?

emduck
2018-03-11, 11:44 PM
Maho gives her staff a quick tap, and a blanket of quiet and shadow descends over everyone standing nearby.

Then she looks up and takes another look around.

Foresight is on Freeman. Maho cast pass without trace from her staff. Does she see anything else nearby?

JNAProductions
2018-03-13, 12:27 PM
You can see about a hundred shambling bodies out in the fields. At the complex itself, you see armed guards dotting the roof and patrolling the walkways around it-in line of sight, about eight up top and six patrolling,
the patrolling people in pairs.

The windows are entirely blacked out from the outside, and are tall and narrow, to prevent easy access.

Illven
2018-03-13, 02:27 PM
Enhance ability bear's endurance is on me.

emduck
2018-03-14, 01:20 AM
Maho silently taps Kataigida (and whoever else is standing next to her) on the shoulder and carefully points out the guards on the walkways and roof.

miinstrel
2018-03-14, 08:43 AM
Kat squints into the darkness unsure exactly what she's pointing at until he catches the faintest glint of light on the roof, movement of some kind though he can't tell exactly what.

"Should we enter from the roof?" he asks in a whisper. "I can get us there."

2018-03-14, 08:12 PM
Freeman pulls out a rather snazzy-looking crossbow and squints through the scope in the general direction of the various guards - unloaded, for now, but that can change very quickly. He gives a silent curse when he can still just barely see them, and puts it down. "We either need to sneak past them - probably easier right now - or take them all out before any of the others gets the chance to raise the alarm. Any idea how tough they are?"

JNAProductions
2018-03-14, 08:32 PM
Looking at the guards, they appear to be ordinary humans. "Appear" is the key word here-this is the heart of Umbrella's power. There's every chance they have hidden abilities, most notably probably turning into zomboid monstrosities after "dying".

emduck
2018-03-15, 02:18 PM
"No idea," Maho says to Freeman.

She looks at Kat.

"I'm not sure what's on the roof," she says. "But that over there looks like it might be something." She points at the garage door. "I'm not sure how obvious it'll be if we open it, though."

Illven
2018-03-15, 02:50 PM
Probably, really obvious. Machinery is rarely sulbte. Rebecca replied.

miinstrel
2018-03-16, 05:33 PM

"Well we can't just sit here. I say we go for the garage. If it's a bust I'll get us up to the roof. There's probably going to be gunfire wherever we go, so once we're inside stealth is... less important."

Illven
2018-03-16, 06:02 PM
You're probably right. Let's just be quick when we're in the building then. Rebecca remarks.

Illven
2018-03-23, 11:04 AM
Rebecca takes a look at the computer box, and a look at her smartphone.

Well, points for trying... She comments as she takes a wire and plugs both things together.

Hacking [roll0]

JNAProductions
2018-03-23, 11:06 AM
The garage door begins to open, at a moderate pace. The guards take notice, and look over to it, with one group starting to walk towards it. Just inside, you can see a few boxes stacked up, but not much else.

One more stealth check, against the rolls below. Then you'll be in.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Illven
2018-03-23, 11:13 AM
Stealth check

[roll0]

miinstrel
2018-03-23, 12:32 PM

His back to the garage door, Kataigida watches their surroundings carefully ready to erect a defensive barrier if need be. As the last of his companions slips inside he tucks under the door and enters the compound, hops off his carpet and rolls it up, tucking it into the straps on his backpack.

Stealth: [roll0]

emduck
2018-03-23, 05:09 PM
Maho creeps into the garage behind Rebecca.

If they make it in unscathed, she takes a moment to examine the boxes and the rest of the interior of the garage.

Investigation? [roll0] Or perception? [roll1] [roll2]

2018-03-28, 09:04 PM
Freeman follows as silently as he can, grateful for the great deal of magical assistance.

Forgot I had advantage. So 21 from the OoC, and [roll0] from here.

JNAProductions
2018-03-28, 09:06 PM
Gordon makes it almost to the garage... And then stumbles, just slightly, but it takes him out of the brush for long enough to be spotted. "Look-there's someone there!" a guard shouts. Instantly, guns are pointed at the area, with a few shots going out, but too quickly to be aimed properly.

Roll Init.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll]1d20-1[/rol;]

Guards will go in four chunks, to make managing them easier.

Illven
2018-03-28, 09:59 PM
Becca's init [roll0]

emduck
2018-04-04, 02:02 AM
At the noise, Maho spins and takes stock of the guards and their positions. She picks out one group and mutters under her breath, pointing.

Casting confusion (https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Confusion#content) on one group, ideally the one nearby and above us. If she's blocking the door she'll move out of people's way, otherwise she'll stay put.

JNAProductions
2018-04-04, 10:07 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

Edit: What's your save DC?