PDA

View Full Version : Questions for those of an Eberron Persuasion

CockroachTeaParty
2007-08-28, 08:14 PM
I've recently acquired the Tome of Magic and Magic of Incarnum. Both very interesting books, in their own unique ways. The next campaign I'm cooking up is an Eberron campaign, and I was wondering how others have incorporated alternate classes and magic systems into the world of Eberron.

I'm looking for inspiring ways to incorporate these elements into the world, instead of randomly plunking them in Khorvaire and just rolling with it. Is incarnum the soulstuff of beings that avoided imprisonment on Dolurrh? Has anyone come up with Eberron-specific vestiges? Could the taint mechanic from Heroes of Horror work in the Mournland, or the Gloaming?

I'd like to see what some of you have come up with.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-08-28, 08:48 PM
I know much about Eberron, good sir...but very very little about ToM or MoI. I've seen a couple short threads on Vestiges on the official Eberron boards: "dead" Quori, Daelkyr trapped between the planes, even Tira Mirron's "mortality", for extra "The Silver Flame are going to kick your ass" points. The Flame would likely really hate Binders anyway, since it's all about deals with Outsiders of dubious morality.

Truenamers can quite easily be flavored up with the Draconic Prophecy: Truenaming could directly effect the Prophecy (albeit in fairly trivial ways) by changing details about individuals mentioned in it. As such, It would be the milieu of particularly rash Dragons and even more rash mortals with knowledge of the Prophecy. Alternatively, it strikes me as the sort of thing that the Zil Gnomes, who know the power of words like no other, would be into.

Shadowcasters could draw their power either from the Plane of Shadow or potentially from Mabar, the Endless Night. Either way, I see it as an ancient but largely covert reflection of magical tradition, possibly dating back to the Qabalrin or the Giants.

Incarnum gets a nod in Secrets of Xen'drik, I think, though I don't have the book handy. Specifically, look at Kapaerian Island, apparently home to a lot of material from MoI. I just can't bring myself to care, honestly.

CockroachTeaParty
2007-08-28, 09:33 PM
Ooh, I like the idea of truenaming being linked to the Draconic Prophecy. Consider that idea yoinked.

I haven't looked at Secrets of Xen'Drick yet, and I know how easy it is to plunk anything new into the mysterious jungle continent, but I'm trying to think of other creative solutions.