PDA

View Full Version : Enlarging an Gargantuan Creature.

Tubben
2018-02-28, 06:41 AM
I play an lv 20 Druid for a while now. Sometimes if i need some melee i shapeshange (lv 9 spell) into something like an Goristro or something else.

I was thinking for a while (and got reminded by another thread here), what would happen if i shapeshange into a creature like an Dragon turtle (gargantuan sea dragon) and our wizard cast enlarge on me (double size in any Dimension + weight *8).

Sure, RAW it's clear, attacks deal 1d4 more dmg. I am more thinking effect wise for some good laughs at the the table.

Wildshape into a giant eagle, the wizard does fly on himself. I Shapeshange into a dragon turtle, the wizard casts enlarge and i play dragon turtle bomb from 200 feet high into an enemy army/castle/camp.

Should be fun to watch :)

So, got more ideas and how would you react as an GM?

Quoz
2018-02-28, 07:57 AM
If it's a target worth going to that effort on, I would probably let it work once to significant effect. You would still be taking the 20d6 fall damage, maybe a lot more given your mass. But if you are targeting an enemy worth the effort they likely have magical defenses capable of dispelling your shapechange on the way in.

That, or I would just rule that the collateral damage of your impact destroyed whatever loot/hostage/plot device that you were after. I'm not a big fan of hard counters, but I'm all for big consequences.

Mortis_Elrod
2018-02-28, 08:00 AM
I think the next size up is Colossal (at least it was in 3.5?) and yeah I’d say you flatten that area, but also take some damage. Would be very fun.