PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Special Materials

quinron
2018-02-28, 04:33 PM
Using the XGtE adamantine . I'm hoping for some feedback on these new substances and new rules for an old one.

MITHRAL. Mithral weapons weigh half as much as usual, and Small creatures can use heavy mithral weapons without taking disadvantage on their attacks.

ORICHALCUM. Orichalcum weapons deals double damage to aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead; it deals half damage to beasts, constructs, giants, humanoids, monstrosities, oozes, and plants. Orichalcum armor grants advantage on saving throws against the effects of aberrations, etc., and disadvantage on saving throws against the abilities of beasts, etc.

CHRONIUM. Chronium weapons allow you to double the damage of a successful attack, chosen after you roll damage. Chronium armor allows you to ignore all damage dealt to you during one other creature's turn, chosen at the end of the turn. Both types of equipment can be used once, after which they must be recharged with molten chronium for a portion of the full price.

I'm not too worried about mithral - the difference in potential damage isn't crazy enough to break the game, especially if it's fairly pricy. For orichalcum, I'm curious how balance might turn out; for chronium, I'm wondering what the base prices should be and what percentage of the base price should be required to recharge it.