PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Mastery - A tool for Dungeon Masters

TheApostle
2018-02-28, 05:24 PM
Over the next year I'll be creating a program for DMs to use when playing and creating adventures. The following are features that may be included:

Main features which will come in the final build:

Character/Tavern name generators.
Encounter Builder.
Auto Stealth Checks.
Creating Characters.
A list of magic items which can be quickly looked through.
A list of spells, which can be added to and searched through.
A list of monsters with all relevant stats.
Automatically generating random loot with given parameters (using tables from the DMG).

These features will not necessarily come with the final program:

A list of class features.
Character Creation Helper.
A list of rules.
Automatic stealth checks.
And more...

For the project I require a few DMs or players that I can contact to find out your opinions on the project so far. You need to be willing to tell me about your groups and give me constructive criticism, you must also must have a computer that you are willing to test the program on. Finally, it is important to be able to respond to me within a few days. I can use most forms of contact to reach you but discord would be the best.

If you wish to be one of these people then leave your preferred form of contact, role (DM or player) and your experience below.

clash
2018-02-28, 08:24 PM
I would be interested in seeing how this goes.

I have experience as both a player and a dm and spend a lot of time I system mastery.

Pm me if you would like me too offer my options and feedback

Bobby Baratheon
2018-03-01, 04:41 AM
I'd also be willing to contribute. I am a currently active DM with a decade of on-and-off-again DMing experience. I have a pretty good grasp of the 5e system (and would be willing to go more deep into it if needed). PM me if you're interested.

Feuerphoenix
2018-03-01, 07:32 AM
I would also like to contribute. Do you also think about implementing it into roll20?

TheApostle
2018-03-01, 03:41 PM
Thank you all for offering your help, I will be in contact with you when I need your input.
I may implement it Dungeon Mastery into Rol20 if I have time to, it will not necessarily come with the final build but I will have a look into it.

PhoenixPhyre
2018-03-01, 04:07 PM
If you'll be working in C#, I wrote some generators for NPCs, settlements, and adventure locations. I'll edit in a link to the repos when I'm not on mobile. They're MIT licensed, so pretty much fair game.

NPCs: https://github.com/bentomhall/NPCRandomizer
Settlements: https://github.com/bentomhall/SettlementRandomizer
Locations: https://github.com/bentomhall/DungeonRandomizer

Rich&Mort
2018-03-22, 05:00 AM
I have heard that you are the victim of abuse from your own brother. Your sibling mercilessly attacks you on a regular basis and you worry about mere dungeon mastery? You should be ashamed of yourself, You need to stand up for your rights. I send my luck for your efforts.

Yours Faithfully,

An intellectual

P.S :smallcool::smallcool::smallcool::smallcool::small cool::smallcool::smallcool::smallcool::smallcool:: smallcool::smallcool::smallcool::smallcool::smallc ool::smallcool::smallcool::smallcool::smallcool::s mallcool::smallcool::smallcool::smallcool::smallco ol::smallcool::smallcool::smallcool: U been pranked kiddo :smallcool::smallcool::smallcool::smallcool::small cool::smallcool::smallcool::smallcool::smallcool:: smallcool::smallcool::smallcool::smallcool::smallc ool::smallcool::smallcool::smallcool::smallcool::s mallcool::smallcool::smallcool::smallcool::smallco ol::smallcool::smallcool::smallcool: