PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Twin Spell MM and Sorcery Point

mistermarv
2018-02-28, 08:10 PM
Hi everyone,

I have a quick question regarding the Twin Spell metamagic and their cost.

Scenario: If I twin a “Guiding Bolt” at level 1, I understand that it will cost me 1 sorcery point.

However, if I decides to Twin “Guiding Bolt” using a 3rd level spell slot to increase the damage would that cost me 3 sorcery points or still just 1 sorcery point?

For extra information, I play a Divine Soul Sorcerer which is why I have access to Guiding Bolt :)

Coffee_Dragon
2018-02-28, 08:16 PM
It costs 3 extra. Upcasting makes the spell count as the higher level for all purposes.

Asmotherion
2018-02-28, 08:29 PM
As Coffee Dragon said.

Wecome to this Forum.

As I see you're new, I would like to inform you that this kind of question would be a perfect example of something that you would better ask in the "Simple RAW 3" Thread, rather than making a separate thread to ask it. Have a nice time here. :)

mistermarv
2018-02-28, 08:55 PM
Thank you to you both for answering my question.

Also, would like to know if I should delete this post? I don't want to cause any problems or violate forum rules :)

Asmotherion
2018-02-28, 09:06 PM
Thank you to you both for answering my question.

Also, would like to know if I should delete this post? I don't want to cause any problems or violate forum rules :)

Not at all. It is not forbidden by any means to ask such a question in a new thread, it is just considered more optimal to do so in the RAW thread, since that is it's purpose (and since your question could be answeared in 1 post, that was no matter of Debate, and was directly concerning rules).

It is generally a Design thing, that helps the Forum run Smoothly and Optimally. I am informing you mostly for future referance.