PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Gunslinger Rules Questions

Jexis
2018-03-01, 02:23 PM
Hi all,
I'm building a Human Gunslinger with the Buccaneer archetype, and I had a few questions.
1. The dares text appears to be written wrong. I feel as though the rules should say that dares becomes inactive *when* the gunslinger regains grit, not until, but please correct me if I'm understanding this wrong.
2. The Buccaneer archetype provides a new resource called "grog" points, gained by drinking. For the purpose of dares, is there an official ruling as to whether or not grog points count towards deactivating dares?
3. This characters is built with "guns everywhere" in mind, and so would lose the Gunsmith class feature as per the Firearms page. I believe this means I don't get the bonus feat of Gunsmithing, so how would I go about reducing the misfire range on a gun?

Thanks in advance!

grarrrg
2018-03-01, 04:49 PM
1. The dares text appears to be written wrong. I feel as though the rules should say that dares becomes inactive *when* the gunslinger regains grit, not until, but please correct me if I'm understanding this wrong.
'Inactive until Grit' is correct.
Dares are for when you do not have Grit, you'll notice that all of them have a 'if ____ then gain +1 Grit' clause. They exist to give you an extra way to regain Grit and get back in the game sooner.

2. The Buccaneer archetype provides a new resource called "grog" points, gained by drinking. For the purpose of dares, is there an official ruling as to whether or not grog points count towards deactivating dares?
Official? Don't know.
Strictly by wording, Grog is not Grit, so you could have an active Dare AND Grog points at the same time.
But there are enough reasons to conclude that "Grog is just Grit with a time limit" and rule the other way.

3. This characters is built with "guns everywhere" in mind, and so would lose the Gunsmith class feature as per the Firearms page. I believe this means I don't get the bonus feat of Gunsmithing, so how would I go about reducing the misfire range on a gun?

Not sure I follow the question.

TheFamilarRaven
2018-03-01, 05:32 PM

Grarrrg covered the other 2 questions succinctly, so I'll take the third.

The Gunsmithing feat does not provide any mechanics for reducing misfire. You are perhaps asking how do you remove the broken condition since Buccaneer trades away the Quick Clear deed. The solution is to use your human bonus feat or 1st level feat to grab the Gunsmithing feat.

Otherwise, if you're asking how to reduce misfire chance. The Reliable weapon property is one way of doing so.