PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next UA fixer-upper

clash
2018-03-01, 03:30 PM
So comparing Xanathar's to all of the ua articles that proceeded it, I noticed there were a number of subclasses that got dropped for one reason or another. Some of them I liked, some of them had good ideas but needed a lot of work and some of them should have been dropped. That being said I wanted to get us homebrewers together to fix all of the ua subclasses that never made print and we feel are worth fixing. I have included a list of ua subclasses that never reached print in any form. Feel free to grab one from the list and give it your best shot at fixing it.

Bard: College of Satire
Cleric: Protection Domain, City Domain
Druid: Circle of Twilight
Fighter: Sharpshooter
Monk: Way of Tranquility
Paladin: Oath of Treachery
Ranger: Primevil Guardian
Sorcerer: Pheniox Sorcery, Sea Sorcery, Stone Sorcery
Warlock: Seeker Patron, Raven Queen, Ghost in the machine
Wizard: Thuergy, Lore Mastery, Technomancy

Eloel
2018-03-01, 04:05 PM
Missing from your list:

Cleric: City Domain
Druid: Circle of Spores
Fighter: Brute, Knight
Warlock: Ghost in the Machine
Wizard: Artificer, School of Invention, Technomancy

clash
2018-03-01, 04:09 PM
Missing from your list:

Cleric: City Domain
Druid: Circle of Spores
Fighter: Brute, Knight
Warlock: Ghost in the Machine
Wizard: Artificer, School of Invention, Technomancy

I intentionally didint include anything from after Xanathars as we are still more likely to see official versions for those than stuff prior to. This was specifically subclasses that had been passed over by wotc. Missed modern magic though so will add those. Knight got wrapped into cavalier and artificer got wrapped into a class rather than a subclass.

Secret Wizard
2018-03-05, 10:27 AM
On Monk of Tranquility:

The reason to keep it is to enable the "calm, peaceful sensei" archetype. The reason against it? That's mostly a thing you can RP anyway, isn't it?

I think there's enough reason to consider that a healing monk could be a good subclass – Monks as ascetic hermits is a popular trope.

If this was redone, it would have to focus more on the idea of healing, medicine, and perhaps mix in some wilderness-based abilities to represent a hermit life.