PDA

View Full Version : RAW way to weaponise your hair?

TalonOfAnathrax
2018-03-02, 01:26 PM
People weaponising (and extending) various body parts is a common trope that I often like. There are various spells to extend your weapons, arms, and even tongue. But is there one to weaponise your hair? Use it to grapple, or maybe to move around or defend yourself?

I'm looking for a strictly RAW way to do this. Worst case I'll just use the spell research rules or something.

Telonius
2018-03-02, 01:35 PM
Polymorph into a Medusa.

Be a Monk. All parts of your body are considered part of your Unarmed Strike. (EDIT: You can further improve this with Kensai, as long as you designate your hair as your signature weapon).

A couple of Beard-specific ones.

Silverbeard spell from Spell Compendium, gives you a silver beard that provides AC and other bonuses.

Investiture of the Bearded Devil (Fiendish Codex 2) gives you a beard that can attack things.

RoboEmperor
2018-03-02, 01:36 PM
I'm looking for a strictly RAW way to do this. Worst case I'll just use the spell research rules or something.

Improvised weapon rules.

Malimar
2018-03-02, 01:37 PM
Pathfinder has the Prehensile Hair hex for base witches, and the White-Haired Witch archetype.

Piggy Knowles
2018-03-02, 01:52 PM
Not a spell but Braid Blade, from Du #120. 1d3 slashing damage. Could easily be augmented with magic or serve as a jumping off point for spell research.

daremetoidareyo
2018-03-02, 01:54 PM
opposable (masters of the wild) snake chain (savage species). Done.

A soulbound weapon psychic warrior can get it at level 4. And at a later level can even graft one into his head.

Buy a snake chain, and cast the first level spell Master's touch, and now you proficient. Actually, if you grow hair long enough, you can use the use rope skill to make a lasso, and master's touch that. Beware of slashing attacks.

It's a two handed weapon, so power attack away with it. Maybe go whirling frenzy?

Uncle Pine
2018-03-02, 02:58 PM
AFB, but isn't there a spell like that in BoVD? Otherwise, using it as an improvised weapon is always an option. CW has rules about rope-like improvised weapons if you grow your hair really long.

DrMotives
2018-03-02, 03:44 PM
The durzagon from MM2 is a half-duregar, half-barbazu devil-dwarf. They have a poison beard attack. You could always look into the custom half-fiend rules from WotC to make a half-bearded devil onto something less LA-heavy than a duregar.

SangoProduction
2018-03-02, 03:46 PM
In Spheres of Power, you can literally have your magic tradition be based on your hair. Center of Power and everything.

Thurbane
2018-03-02, 05:20 PM
None of the these are really what OP is looking for, but still...

A LOT of spells use hait as a component.
Expeditious Messenger is a construct (ECS) made up of bits of hair, among other things.
Investiture of the Bearded Devil spell (FC2) gives you a beard attack (probably the closest to OP request I was able to find)
Laeral's Crowning Touch spell (City of Splendors: Waterdeep): places a curse on the target. One of the visisble symptoms of the curse is silver streaks in the target's hair.
Lesser Infernal Transformation (SC) changes you into a bearded devil.
Lion Legionnaire Paladin ACF (CoV): when their Firemane Aura ability activates, their hair turns into golden flame.
Silverbeard spell (SC) gives you a magical beard that gives an AC bonus.
Touch of Deception feat (PGtE): side effect of "unusual" hair.