PDA

View Full Version : Cursed Item: Boomerang of Regret.

Doomboy911
2018-03-02, 05:53 PM
I was building magic items in my head because I had free time and with some finagling I had come up with a great magic weapon and fun cursed item.

This boomerang crafted from driftwood splits in two upon use and returns doubled, the player must make a dexterity check to catch each boomerang dc 10 +1 per boomerang or take 1d4 damage. Each duplicated boomerang can then split again without fail.

The idea would be that the player would be able to throw as many boomerangs as they want but each time it becomes harder and harder to catch each boomerang and then comes the regret of throwing so many boomerangs.

For enchantments it'll have splitting and returning, although splitting doesn't work on boomerangs only affected crossbows and bows I'd give it a pass as it makes for a fun magic item for lower levels. Probably tweak the returning feature so it doesn't stop returning no matter how it's removed.

Celestia
2018-03-02, 05:57 PM
So, I can throw this thing 1,000,001 times, and then sell 1,000,000 magic boomerangs?

Calthropstu
2018-03-02, 06:55 PM
So, I can throw this thing 1,000,001 times, and then sell 1,000,000 magic boomerangs?

Lol, I am now imagining some evil mastermind giving this to a golem in order to destroy the world by covering it in boomerangs.

Zombulian
2018-03-02, 09:05 PM
This sounds a bit to me like having Raptor Arrows and a Splitting Bow but with drawbacks...

Venger
2018-03-02, 10:18 PM
Lol, I am now imagining some evil mastermind giving this to a golem in order to destroy the world by covering it in boomerangs.

universal boomerangs (http://www.decisionproblem.com/paperclips/)