PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Killoren in Pathfinder?

Palanan
2018-03-02, 06:14 PM
Does Pathfinder have a race that’s functionally similar to the killoren? By which I mean a Medium fey race with a strong connection to nature, including some mechanical benefits.

I’ve looked through the ARG and I don’t see anything along those lines. Is there anything like this in Pathfinder, especially as a playable race?

digiman619
2018-03-02, 10:02 PM
Well, according to the Advanced Monster Search (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/tools/advanced-monster-search), there are 47 medium size fey, but none really fit for player characters. And the only first party one I can find on pfsrd is the Naiad (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/more-races/race-points-unknown/naiad-characters/). I'm digging through the 3rd party races and I'll let you know if I find anything else.

Vertharrad
2018-03-03, 09:40 AM
Ultimate Wilderness has at least 2 races.

Palanan
2018-03-03, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by Vertharrad
Ultimate Wilderness has at least 2 races.

What are their names?

the_david
2018-03-03, 10:02 AM
I think the Gathlain might be the only one. I don't think it's what you're looking for, but it has some nature stuff.

Palanan
2018-03-03, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by the_david
I think the Gathlain might be the only one. I don't think it's what you're looking for, but it has some nature stuff.

Okay, thanks. You're correct, the Gathlain isn't what I'm looking for here--it's Small rather than Medium, and doesn't quite fit what I had in mind.

Was there a second fey race in Ultimate Wilderness, as the previous poster suggested? Or is there a killoren-shaped hole in the Pathfinder landscape?

CockroachTeaParty
2018-03-03, 01:50 PM
It's not a fey, but the ghoran is a medium sized human-shaped plant creature that's a playable race. They get more options and stuff in Ultimate Wilderness, but I think they were first introduced somewhere else.

Palanan
2018-03-03, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by CockroachTeaParty
It's not a fey, but the ghoran is a medium sized human-shaped plant creature that's a playable race. They get more options and stuff in Ultimate Wilderness, but I think they were first introduced somewhere else.

I appreciate the suggestion. The ghorans appeared in the Inner Sea Bestiary, and were reprinted in Bestiary 5.

I’ve considered them before now, but they seem strangely underwhelming. They…extrude a seed, and that’s about their entire schtick. It’s plantish enough, but there doesn’t seem much else to them, and I’m much more interested in fey options.