PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Building an effective gish in Pathfinder

roseateOculi
2018-03-02, 07:35 PM
So, I know that there are already a multitude of threads on gish characters in pathfinder, but I had a few questions of my own. A friend of mine was planning to GM a campaign in D&D 5e but changed his mind and decided to run it in Pathfinder instead. Unfortunately for me, I had already planned my character at this point. I know there is no way to directly convert a build due to the massive differences between 5e and pathfinder, but I was hoping I could get some amount of help with making a similar build.
So, I somehow managed to finesse the warlock class into a fairly effective charisma-based gish that could attack with any type of weapon using their charisma bonus (by making a hexblade that used pact of the blade) while still being able to use some powerful spells.
Now, I've done some research into creating a new charisma-based gish, but I haven't found anything that quite suits what I'm looking for.
I've looked heavily into magus, but I really want to use charisma based casting. The only option within magus that allows this is the Eldritch Scion, which seems like a good option if I take the Weapon Trickery feat, but not only is that a third party feat but it also requires bluff as a class skill, which magus doesn't have. Plus, I'd really like to use a two handed weapon, which this feat doesn't allow.
Another option I was looking into was paladin, but my character is supposed to use darker magic and is definitely not lawful good. That brought me to the antipaladin, but the whole alignment aspect of the class once again turns me off to it.
I think the absolute best option that I have right now is the Metal Oracle. It allows me the freedom of a weapon I am always proficient in while still being able to cast magic. From what I gather though, the Metal Oracle is not a great class, especially in terms of melee (or at least people seem to think that it isn't in the guides on oracles that I've read). I'm currently looking into optimizing the Metal Oracle, but if anyone has any other ideas that are better or more efficient, please do share. I'm fine with multiclassing as well, but I don't know enough about it yet to be comfortable with doing it. Any ideas on how I can pull this off?

Also, sorry about the lack of links to the aforementioned abilities and classes. My post count is not yet high enough to post links.