PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder-looking for advices

Zhepna
2018-03-03, 12:47 AM
Hi,

we are starting a new game in pathfinder. We are lvl 3, I'm a wizard specialized in divination and the DM is giving an artifact to each of us. He gave me a longbow with the following ability:
Imbue Arrow (Su)
At 2nd level, an arcane archer gains the ability to place an area spell upon an arrow. When the arrow is fired, the spell’s area is centered where the arrow lands, even if the spell could normally be centered only on the caster. This ability allows the archer to use the bow’s range rather than the spell’s range. A spell cast in this way uses its standard casting time and the arcane archer can fire the arrow as part of the casting. The arrow must be fired during the round that the casting is completed or the spell is wasted. If the arrow misses, the spell is wasted.

I don't need to be arcane archer but the bow have the ability. He told me I could make touch and ray attack with it too but we didn't speak about it yet.

I searched for spells that could be good but I was looking for suggestions since I'm new to pathfinder and probably forgot gems.
There's a few area spells but the ones like osbcuring mist and antimagic field really make use of the imbue.

What I found for the moment.
lvl 1: Color Spray, Grease, Obscuring Mist(really nice, since the area is not me anymore)
lvl 2: Glitterdust, Detect Thought, Fog Cloud, Web
lvl 6 Antimagic Field and Greater Dispel Magic

I play with a barbarian and paladin.

Thanks in advance for the ideas.

Mnemius
2018-03-03, 05:59 PM
Interesting. I'd invest in truestrike, either as wands, or some way to use repeatedly. Wizard BAB isn't that hot, and how high is your dex?

Or does that bow also give you your int bonus to hit, and some sort of BAB boost?

Round 1, truestrike
Round 2, FIRE!
Round 3, truestrike
Round 4, FIRE!

BowStreetRunner
2018-03-03, 06:45 PM
Create Pit would be useful.

Epic Legand
2018-03-03, 07:23 PM
Hit the area where your foes are, I think that's like AC5. No need for big BAB

Zhepna
2018-03-04, 03:53 PM
My dex is 14 so it'll be hard to hit them. I'll target the ground like you suggested.

Thanks for the ideas.