PDA

View Full Version : Baldur's Gate

Setra
2007-08-29, 01:16 AM
Short of ebay, does anyone know where I could find a copy of the original Baldur's gate?

Shikton
2007-08-29, 01:32 AM
Probably at Amazon.com.

Archonic Energy
2007-08-29, 02:14 AM
Short of ebay, does anyone know where I could find a copy of the original Baldur's gate?

baldurs gate collectors pack that contains BG, BG:TotSC, BGII:SoA, & BG:ToB.

Logic
2007-08-29, 02:38 AM
The local Half-Priced Books sells NEW copies of the Baldur's Gate Collector's pack. BG 1, 2, and the expansions included if I am not mistaken.

Setra
2007-08-29, 03:41 AM
I only want the original (For now).

I'll check Amazon.

bigity
2007-08-29, 08:16 AM
Good luck finding just the first game. It's probably not going to be worth the time, and you'll end up paying the same anyway most likely.

tape_measure
2007-08-29, 11:59 AM
It's possible to find JUST the first, but the prices are so cheap for the collection that it's hard to pass up, really.

Setra
2007-08-29, 12:44 PM
Ah, well then I might as well get them all then.

Shikton
2007-08-29, 01:51 PM
You only have to bother with patching ToB that way too.

Old_Man
2007-08-29, 03:19 PM

In my bottom desk drawer, on the left. :smallbiggrin:

Besides online, have your tried your local stores (e.g. EB Games) that sell used merchandise?

Shikton
2007-08-29, 03:36 PM
In my bottom desk drawer, on the left. :smallbiggrin:

Besides online, have your tried your local stores (e.g. EB Games) that sell used merchandise?

It's sad to find this game in the used category... To think that people sell their copies of this glorious game! Bah! Heresy. :smallmad: But yes, you might find it there.

Reinboom
2007-08-29, 03:45 PM
You may want to get the collection anyways. A single DVD is much more handy than 6-7 disks.
It also includes the expansion - and having BG2 allows you to use BGTutu, which upgrades the BG engine to that of BG2. I highly recommend this.

Inigo_Carmine
2007-08-30, 11:19 AM
You may want to get the collection anyways. A single DVD is much more handy than 6-7 disks.
Well, the collection is 4 discs, one for each game and 1 for each expansion. But yes, still beetter than the clutter of 5-6 per game.

It also includes the expansion - and having BG2 allows you to use BGTutu, which upgrades the BG engine to that of BG2. I highly recommend this.

I was unaware of this; nice. I picked up the collection a little bit ago, but haven't gotten around to playing it yet. It's been a few years since that borrowed copy of old. I'll definitely take advantage of that though.

I got mine off of Ebay without a problem, as I couldn't find anyone else who sold it (internet or brick and mortar). Unless you're underage and don't have a credit card or something, I recommend just getting it off ebay. Just find a buyer with a good rep and make sure it says new and is a US version. I've never had a problem with buying "new" stuff on there, as there's little subjectivity in what constitutes new. Used stuff,...yeah, I try and avoid that unless the buyer has really really good rep and lots of transactions.

RandomNPC
2007-08-31, 04:14 PM
got my coppy when someone borrowed it from its origonal owner, who told them to borrow it untill they got to beating it. the owner moved away forgetting the game, and i married the borrower! weird huh?

still haven't beaten it. it agitates me a bit that there's a level cap thats not at ten, its just a number i like. almost beat it. much fun.

So the e-bay thing, never go used unless they have a 100 some odd good reviews, a friend of mine who happens to be a lego nut got some kind of ninja set, "10% missing, nothing major mostly ninja weapons" was the idea of what it said, out of around 125 pieces he was missing about 27, if i did the math right thats about 33%. so when a disc is "minorly scratched" it may not even be readable... just be carefull out there.

Logic
2007-08-31, 05:38 PM
"10% missing, nothing major mostly ninja weapons" was the idea of what it said, out of around 125 pieces he was missing about 27, if i did the math right thats about 33%. so when a disc is "minorly scratched" it may not even be readable... just be carefull out there.
That's about 25%. 33% would be about 42 pieces missing.

EvilElitest
2007-09-04, 04:07 PM
Good luck finding just the first game. It's probably not going to be worth the time, and you'll end up paying the same anyway most likely.

Hey, watch it, i like both games, but the first is my favorite
from,
EE

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-09-04, 06:03 PM
I would think ebay would probably be a better place, and cheaper than amazon.com