PDA

View Full Version : Aasimar appearance

JungleChicken
2018-03-03, 09:48 AM
I've read over various editions and in Vol's guide to Monsters various takes on the Aasimar appearance but sticking with 5e and Vol's it is just very vague. Any takes on what they may look like when they aren't doing their daily glowy boom boom thing

SmoothAsFelt
2018-03-03, 09:56 AM
I've always seen them as looking like whatever their ancestral race is (aasimar can look like elves and such, they take aasimar start stats though) just exceptionally beautiful or handsome, and typically with at least one "angelic" trait. Something like platinum hair or gold tinted eyes, flawless skin, maybe even something more dramatic like appearing to glow under direct sunlight.

A lot of aasimar go out of their way to hide this, however. Many creatures want the glory or gold from slaying the champion of a deva, and aasimar often wear hoods or even masks to hide anything that might make them stand out as an aasimar

Tl:Dr they look like their parent race, possibly with the exception of being gorgeous or having something like golden eyes

JungleChicken
2018-03-03, 10:19 AM
I like that. I am making a Paladin of Helm so I was kind of thinking of having unblinking eyes but that just seems more disturbing than angelic...but Helm is ever watchful they say :smalltongue:

Spacehamster
2018-03-03, 10:41 AM
I like that. I am making a Paladin of Helm so I was kind of thinking of having unblinking eyes but that just seems more disturbing than angelic...but Helm is ever watchful they say :smalltongue:

Yeah he even watches as you go to the bathroom the old perv! :(

SmoothAsFelt
2018-03-03, 10:44 AM
Heh that gave me a chuckle. But yeah I recall a list of hundreds of traits people made ranging from simple (your hair is the color of radiance) to crazy like rain will not fall directly above you, making you essentially a 5foot square umbrella all the way up to the heavens but I can't find the list. I'll post here later today when I'm home if I find it

edit: paizo (dot) com /threads/rzs2kkq5?1000-Aasimar-traits (can't post links yet)

Draconi Redfir
2018-03-03, 11:17 AM
Aasimar Traits (paizo.com/threads/rzs2kkq5?1000-Aasimar-traits) (can't post links yet)

there ya go

Elbeyon
2018-03-03, 11:28 AM
There is even a (roll d100) list here (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-aasimar/) if you scroll to the bottom.

Angels can be very ugly and unnatural looking to mortals.

JellyPooga
2018-03-03, 12:41 PM
I played a 3ed Aasimar once that had literally golden hair, gold eyes with no pupil and skin like marble (including being hard and cold to the touch). An imposing and alien visage, but he was a Bard and loved company, so went to great lengths to hide his appearance in normal society.

Arkhios
2018-03-03, 02:22 PM
http://www.edcox.com/polarmariner.jpg

JungleChicken
2018-03-03, 07:44 PM
I really liked the two links. Thanks.

I really like the subtle ones. Thinking that my bare skin in direct sunlight will have faint celestial script and Holy symbols and since I'm going protector Aasimar I liked the idea o that my shadow will show the wings that I have when I transform..only all of the time