PDA

View Full Version : Murder Machine - DC's Dark Knights Metal

Akto
2018-03-05, 12:08 PM
Hey there Playground
I Hope sine og you Can help me. I am making some sub-boss's for my campaign based om the Dark Knights from DC's Metal, but i små having a hard time about what to do with Murder Machine.
First of they are have All been blessed by a god with special powers, which essentially gives Them "custom" powers. Red Death for instance have a permanent haste effect that stacker with haste and when he runs by you with 5 fra. You have to make a reflex save or her affected by his "batarangs" shooting out.

Murder Machine Will be around ECL 12 and I am atm. At a loss for what to give him og levels and abilities that fit.

Hope you Can help

Pic.:

https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/007/027/049/large/riccardo-federici-img-1330.jpg?1503136882

NecroDancer
2018-03-05, 12:24 PM
A straight classes warforged artificer works best. Focus around making constructs since in the comic the Murder Machine has an army of Robo-Alfred. Since the Murder Machine is the Nightmare Batman meant to represent Cyborg you could also use Cyborg as inspiration for abilities.

BowStreetRunner
2018-03-05, 01:39 PM
Using the DC Database to determine the Murder Machine (http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Bruce_Wayne_(Earth_-44))'s abilities, I came up with these ideas.

Cybernetic Enhancement, Monstrous Appearance: Warforged base creature
Bio-Fission: Simulacrum
Energy Projection: Force Missiles
Energy Resistance: Resist Energy
Force Field: Shield
Superhuman Durability: DR 5/-
Superhuman Speed: 40 ft Move
Superhuman Strength: 20+ Strength
Techno-morphing/Computer Interfacing/Computer Hacking: Animate Object
Interactive Holographic Projector: Major Image
Shape Shifting: 5 levels of Warshaper PrC
Acrobatics: Ranks in Jump and Tumble
Forensic Science: Ranks in Knowledge
Gadgetry: lots of fun magic items
Advanced Hand to Hand Combat High BAB

Akto
2018-03-06, 02:20 PM
Nice ideas and tips guys, thanks a Lot :)

Was thinking about giving him the ability to spawn a "robo-alfred" every round (Swift action, move-? Standard-? free?)
These would be etheral or at lease have 50% miss chance against Them, low AC and HP, and wouldn't be able to make AoO's, but of anyone makes an action that "threatens" Murder Machine, they blast Them with and energy Beam that does Xd8 force dmg.

Would this be to Strong? A challenge? Or underpowered? M.M. would also be able to tale cover behold Them, but enemies can't use Them for cover.

Groups power level is 3 pretty high melee chars, a Bard with IC and support spells and a theurge cleric/Beguiler with a boosted casterlevel

MilleniaAntares
2018-03-06, 11:48 PM
Have you considered using the shaper psion? You could fluff the astral constructs as Alfreds, and use the rest of the power selection to mimic his nanobot swarm-esque nature.