PDA

View Full Version : Reaper Bones’ Death Star Lilies

Palanan
2018-03-05, 01:07 PM
I just found these (https://www.amazon.com/Reaper-Miniatures-Death-Lilies-Figure/dp/B0792FGPL4/) in my local hobby store. (They look much better than the Amazon photo.)

They’re ideally creepy on their own, but what are they meant to represent? Most of the Reaper minis are just renamed versions of classic D&D monsters, but I can’t recall seeing anything like these before.

tyckspoon
2018-03-05, 01:15 PM
Could be an interpretation of Assassin Vines. I wouldn't blink too much if you told me they were otyughs or ropers either, although they don't quite match the classic descriptions for those creatures.

Palanan
2018-03-05, 01:30 PM
These feel much different than simple vines, and definitely not otyughs. Reaper already has a roper-equivalent in their Bones line, which looks exactly like every roper I've seen illustrated.

These are...something different. The detail really is good, and it gives sort of a Lovecraftian-horror vibe. Almost like Rafflesia crossed with giant cosmic sea urchins or something.

DrMotives
2018-03-05, 01:31 PM
Yellow Musk Creeper, perhaps? Possibly just the sculptor was like "I feel like making plants with a Lovecraft vibe".

Uncle Pine
2018-03-05, 02:25 PM
A different shrieker? Greenvise from MMII?